I just wanted to see if any one else's corgi's do this and it was a corgi trait. When I take my corgi's for a walk and they get tired. They both flop on their belly's and refuse to move. I call this flat dog.

Views: 1117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

my Abby will do this right after she realizes she cant run away from the leash...she tries to FRAP while on the leash and i won't let her...so then she plops herself down as if she's pouting. but i make her get up to finish our walk because i'm walking her, not the other way around.
Brody is really good at finding a nice shady spot to do the flat dog thing (love that tag). We try not to walk Lilly too far yet (want her to enjoy the walks) so she hasn't tried it yet.
Doc leaves his warm, furry bed under my desk to go "plop" down into the flat dog position on the cooler laminate floor. My hubby and I can't stop giggling when we see this! It is definitely a typical Corgi trait! And I LOVE your name for it..... flat dog..... perfect! lol

Starr
lol! my puppy has done this. It quickly became less about tired and more about protest, which I needed to curb. After a few walks, this pretty much stopped happening. But yeah, he will totally, run really fast, and then plop into flat dog!
Frank does the flat dog (around our house we call it the dead dog as he chooses to go completely limp. . .like a toddler when they don't want to leave Toys 'R' Us!) whenever we try and put him to bed in his crate. He lets us know that he isn't ready for a nap!
Yes, Lilly does the 'flat dog' routine, but I blamed it on the weather (hot). In fact she did it tonight and it is not as hot as it has been in the past. It is a curiousity....Lilly gets exercise and is not overweight...
I t sounds like everyone's in aggreement about the trait. My Malibu only does this when we are at the park and she gets tired but once I call her she is up and at em. But she will run ahead and find shade and flat dog again. Just make sure you use a good collar and not a chest halter. THe chest ones give them too much strenght to fight. Good Luck
Bernie Frog Legs on a walk

Like this? Yep both mine do it.
This is what both of my dogs do! Your puppy is too cute!
I just wanted to thank everyone that replied to my forum! It was great to hear that so many other dogs, do the flat dog!!
haha thats a great name. whenever i go on jogs with cody, when he is tired he will grab the leash with his mouth and kinda pull on it with his teeth telling me to slow down or stop. also, my parents have a 7 yr old pekingese and when they take him for walks, he will stop and pretend to pee every so often when he is tired. (serioulsy! we looked and doesnt pee, jus lifts his leg) lol
Going to use Flat Dog now on the explain it when Im on walks with people :) Roxi rarely does it but its nice to hear from others :)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service