Ok, first of all Einstein is obvious. The first time I saw a corgi is when we were living in Japan (my husband's in the Air Force) and we were watching Cowboy Bebop at a anime FREAK friends house. I think they had every one ever made good or bad and made us watch them all. lol! Anyway, we loved Cowboy Bebop just cause it was so different and kinda neat. And of course I loved Ein-didn't get Ed so much but Ein was cute and saved the day a couple times so he was cool. I don't know any other dog that knows computers like Ein does. We lived in Japan 6 years and corgis got to be kinda popular off base and I kept seeing them and thought they were sooo cute. One day we went to Tokyo and our hotel was near a dog groomer and this woman with 6 beautiful poofy perfect corgis came walking down the street towards it and we just happened to be walking by and I was like a magnet to her. I didn't know if she knew English but thankfully she knew a little and I kept going saying how cute they were and how "kawaii" they were. She just kept saying thank you. But that impression never left my head and when we moved to San Antonio I had already decided I wanted a brown and white Pembroke named Einstein. Ein for short and that's just what we did. And we loved him so much we got another corgi and named her Daisy. We had to have a boy and a girl and she just happens to be his half sister so they have kind of the same bossy personaliities which I think is funny sometimes and not so much others. But Daisy had many names before we settled on Daisy May. It was Basil which didn't fit her personality and then Bella which was too dainty and finally Daisy May which fit her perfectly. I think that was all the names we actually called her but we thought of so soooo many. It was much harder with her cause we didn't have a name picked out years ahead of time.

Views: 651

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah I love Rocko's Modern Life!
Banjo got her name from a minor character in the webcomic Order of the Stick. Her full name is Banjo the Clown. I work at a doggy daycare and see the same four or five dog names every day, but I've only met one other Banjo. Also, she's a bit of a tomboy, so she wasn't going to be a Fifi.
You didn't get Ed????
Now, in my world, all dogs are named for literary or historical reasons. My name being Churchill, my beagle was named Winston. Alpha, by the way. The newcomer, the pretty boy Springer Spaniel, was Monty, short for Montgomery. Get it? Discuss among your selves. When my little corgi came along, her official name was *****'s Green Fairy. Now, we know where THAT leads. The breeder's children, having watched "Moulin Rouge" began calling her "Absinthe." Which sounds way too much like "Absent." As a teacher, I became confused. I do have "Absinthe" labels on my water bottles, and "Absinthe" shirts that I can't wear to school, but we went with a different literary trail. Who is the shortest character we know? Well, there aren't many Munchkin names out there, but there are Lilliputians. So, Lilliput it is. And so she is, and boy, does she have a complex about being short!
Love Ein. Love Spike. Love Spike. You go, girl!
While I LOVE Cowboy Bebop, my puppy didn't look too much like an "Ein." He was too fluffy. But I also am a big fan of Inuyasha, so I chose the name "Shippo" because he reminds me of the little fox demon in the show. The name definitely fits, as he can be a little demon at times...
I absolutely LOVE InuYasha! I have almost all the DVDs & movies. Shippo does fit a fluffy corgi! :)
This is my first Corgi, and like most, I thought of calling him Ein. I loved that name, but my friend had already claimed the name for himself, and ran about having everyone call him Ein. :] So, I wasn't 'allowed' to name him that. Ha ha. So, I had to brainstorm some more ideas, it was between Behr, like the paint, because I knew Corgi's had colorful personalities, or Jack, because my grandmother liked that name. Well, my friend named her German Shepard puppy Behr, so I couldn't do that. When I picked him up, the breeder had not given him a Pedigree name, he was the runt and sold as a pet, so he really didn't 'deserve' one. I thought he did. So, I had to tie the name Jack in with something Pedigree-ish. I thought about how lucky it was for me to get a Corgi at this time in my life, with major health problems plauging my family, and that this woman just happen to have one she really didn't want to keep. So, the name Lucky Draw Black Jack just came to mind. :] It fits him too. Jack isn't afraid to take a chance on anything, and seems to be very lucky in his adventures.
we named our dog Korgi because my parents were watching something about "Korgi and Bess". Besides, its danish and so are we.
My dog's name is Liberty, we call her Libby for short. The breeder suggested this when we were trying to come up with names to do with the fourth of July, which is when we picked her up from the breeder.
i named my corgi Basil after Basil of Basil of Baker Street from the Great Mouse Detective. and Ein because my best friend made me because she loves Comboy Bebop.
My older brother (Andrew) named her Taters because she looks like a potato.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service