I am just writing because I am annoyed... sorry, I have to get this off my chest.

I went to FOUR places today with Tegan. Three pet stores, and a dog park, and AT LEAST 9 people asked if he was a corgi mix? No one thought he was pure bred....

is he really not that pretty of a corgi or it cause he's a tri color? Do other tri colors get this comment? He's a little long for a corgi, but he is proper height! (he's a chunk though.) Feel free to look at his pics on our page and let me know.

I'm so annoyed. I get that every time we go anywhere and I'm beginning to get offended. :(

Views: 339

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Everyone says the same about Eddy. They're like, "Well his fur's rather short. His legs are rather long." And I'm thinking, Do I look like I'm headed to the dog show? And it's so annoying when they say, "Are you SURE he's a pembroke?" HAHA I want to be like, "Wow I'm so glad you came and shed light on this atrocity I've been living with."

But really all I say in explanation is, "Yes, I met his parents. He looks just like his father."
Thank you fellow Tri Color owners!!! good to know I am not the only one, Tegan and I were beginning to form a complex about ourselves. Now we just have to work on everyone not exclaiming how fat he is whenever they pet him... :-/

My step mom owns a grooming/boarding facility, and her friend SAYS she bred corgis for years and that tegan is a very terribly bred corgi... too long of legs and back and all this. I wondered why she even said anything, for one.. but whatever. I measured him according to AKC standard, and he's not off enough to even be noticed! I was angry at her. If someone has a dog, don't talk badly about it, even if it's terrible, find SOMETHING flattering to say.. I mean right?

People usually do say he's very cute or handsome after asking a million times if I am sure he is a corgi... so I suppose thats good. I love the "Is that a corgi mix?" "No he's pure" "Oh. He looks like a mix though." convos... so irritating! Catch me on the wrong day of the month and I may slap someone.
I think he's quite the handsome little guy----he has such a nice face!
you should tell people well maybe hes a cardigan corgi...hehe.. :) and then you get the blank stare, like whats that ....lol Like really why do they have to question owners, like they dont know what they own.
People are just too much sometimes.
Whenever I have talked about having a Corgi, no one seemed to know what I was talking about, always had to show pictures! I like that they are unique, but I understand the frustration of no one really knowing what they are!
Looks like a corgi to me. In some of your pix he has an undeniably corgi expression. I have a tri & would get comments from people who didn't know the breed and tried to guess what kind of mix he was from. I'm always happy to explain a corgi and dispel some of the unawareness.
Oh my goodness he's gorgeous. WE know the breed, but most others don't. My first Corgi was red and white and I'd get "Is he part fox?" all the time. Now I have two tri colors and I get the "are they part Beagle?" because of the coloring. I just smile and say, no, they are all CORGI. I do like what Michelle said... Great Dane... lol!
I've been lucky so far, a lot of people seem to know about Corgis. Most people think Callie is still a puppy even though she is getting closer to being 2 years old, she's just a little small. I don't let that get to me, even though people get confused when I say she is full grown and have to explain that she is a runt of smaller parents. If people do confuse what breed she is they say "Is that a mini german shepherd?" haha no, she's not.

The best comment I have ever heard is when we were at a farmers market with Callie and this kid passing by asks their mother "Is that a fox mom?" and the mom replies "I... I think so!"... To which me and my mom laughed. The whole no tail thing and her being a tri really makes me wonder what pictures that lady had seen of foxes. They were gone before we could correct them.
Okay so just today I met a new neighbor and they asked what kind of dog Callie is and I said Corgi and they replied with, "What kind of mixed breed is that?" So I had to inform them that Corgis are not a mixed breed but infact are a breed of their own. Then I gave them some history of the Corgi heritage and I think they thought I was making it up. When I told them that they were breed for herding they gave me a look like I was crazy and then said, "Oh thats... interesting" and walked away.
I just had to share this story since I commented just last night.
I have a male who has a bad hip, also is a food hound, so he too is a chunk! It is hard not to get offended, but mostly people are just not very smart where corgis are concerned! I also have a tri female who is like half the size of my Bucher, so we really get alot of comments. (My husband also really gets offended!!!)
I think it just because we love them so much.
It must be where you are. People see our tris all the time and recognize them as Corgis. Our ladies get lots of compliments.
Just tell them he's an Andalusian Hemipode. That will shut them up(There is such a thing, a European bird).

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service