About 50 Corgis rescued from Taiwanese puppy mill - (note: contains upsetting but not gruesome pictures)

Hi Corgi friends,

I wanted to write a post about the organization that I volunteer with, and where we rescued our corgi, Rocky from. The group is called Ocean Dog Rescue and works to rescue dogs from Taiwan and find forever homes for them in Vancouver, BC.

The situation for dogs in Taiwan is terrible and very often purebred dogs and dumped after they are no longer "useful" to breeders. This rescue has been operating for about a year and a half and has found homes for almost 200 dogs (2 of which were corgis)..

Anyways... the morning I got an email from one of the other volunteers about a puppy mill that has just been shut down.. it was all small purebred and about 50 of them were corgis. The Taiwanese government is not good with dog policy and if those dogs aren't rescued, they were will go to their government "shelters" and most likely will be put down. I get easily overwhelmed when I think about the magnitude of this problem... but really just have to try to do what we can.

So, in Taiwan we have a few people who house the rescued dogs for us until homes can be found in BC (or nearby areas... Washington ... etc) they are going to try to rescue as many of the dogs as they can and then over the next month or two, the dogs will be given vet care, assessments and when ready and healthy will be posted for adoption.

It is very likely that all the corgis and other dogs won't be able to be rescued.. there just aren't enough rescue resources in Taiwan. But, in a few months, we at Ocean Dog Rescue will hopefully have several healthy (and getting happier) dogs for adoption. If you have any interest, can offer support or foster for these corgis... it will certainly help with the process.

I have attached some of the pictures of the rescued dogs.. (the pictures are upsetting... but not gruesome... the actual puppy mill pictures are gruesome) and several pictures of individual corgis.

Rescuing dogs is a super upsetting, but ultimately very important thing to do... thank you for reading and for your support.

Here is a link to the adoption website (none of the corgis will be posted yet... they were JUST rescued) but as they become cleared for adoption (1-2 months) we will post their stories... if you would like more information - please get in touch!

http://www.ocean-dog-rescue.org/

And a link to our rescue story..

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=13066394

Thanks for reading,

Munira (Rocky's mom)

Views: 5215

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

These pictures brought a flood of tears for the condition they were in. I'm glad there are people like you and rescue organizations. I hope they all find forever homes and get lots of love and attention they deserve!!
Now we have five corgis that have been rescued!!

Here are some videos and photos of all five of them. They look SOOO much happier than those first pictures we saw of them.

They are all still in Taiwan getting healthy...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/oceandogrescue/sets/72157622794784649/
Thank you for the pics and for all you do to help these poor dogs!!!!!
I just joined this group and have emailed Maggie Chen of Animal Rescue Team in Taiwan. It sounds like some of the Canadian rescues have a couple of the corgis earmarked to come to them and that others need a lot of TLC before they would be eligible to fly to USA or Canada. I also ready the puppymiller is not applying to regain custody of his dogs, 500 of them. Sounds unbelievable. I do Corgi Rescue in Los Angeles area of Calif. and have two connections with rescues in Taiwan but don't know of any involvement on their part but am pursuing. Obviously 500 dogs only 50 of which appear to be Corgis, will need a lot of involvement by rescues in all areas of the North American continent and hopefully Australia and Europe.

Arleen R.
Two of the corgis have arrived in Vancouver.
Here are links to a few pics and videos of their first day here.. they are both sweet, smart, beautiful corgis!

Honey
http://www.flickr.com/photos/oceandogrescue/sets/72157623168348163/

Teddy
http://www.flickr.com/photos/oceandogrescue/sets/72157623162038179/
Thanks for the update Rocky, keep them coming!
That is good news!
WOW...they look so much better and happy. What sweethearts. Love the updates and keep up the spectacular work.
im so glad that there is people like you helping poor dogs that need alot of help. i really wish that i could help out all the dogs or even a few but being in the military we have a limit on pets:(. i really wish that puppy mills would stop and the people who run puppy mills would realize that dogs are the best thing in your life and should not to be taken for granted.it always amazes me that after all that dogs go through, they just want to be with humans and share there love. keep doing what you are doing!:D all the animals thank you! and so do we!
Hi there, do u ever ship any of these dogs over to the uk?
Sorry! I never replied... We don't send dogs to the UK... just Vancouver area
Hi everyone. I'm new to the site and I just wanted to let you know that we had the great privilege of adopting Teddy. He is now a lifetime companion to our 1.5 year old corgi, Kira. They are so cute together! We originally saw the pictures of Teddy when we were first looking at adoption and our hearts broke when we saw the condition he was in after being rescued from the puppy mill and now we have this sweet, healthy boy living in our house! It's so amazing!

Ocean Dog Rescue is an exceptional organization. They went above and beyond all of my expectations and did everything they could to ensure a healthy dog in a happy home. I can honestly say that we're the lucky ones in all of this to have Teddy in our lives and we are so grateful that Ocean Dog gave us the chance. (Special thanks to you, Munira!)

I've attached some pictures of our two little munchkins. =)
Attachments:

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service