So now that I know our Sophie isnt the only Corgi that barrel rolls, I am wondering if anyone elses likes to play in their water bowl.   She doesnt do it all the time but usually once a day she will start splashing with her short stubby legs, we usually remove the bowl for a while and then put it  back.   She will be fine again for the rest of the day. 

Views: 1170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

YES!!!! it was SO annoying because he would splash the water everywhere.

I ended up getting one of those stands that the bowls sit in off the ground - it has a little lock that holds both bowls into place.  It is too high for Tommy to get his foot into the bowl now! It was the perfect solution!

Yup.  She doesn't do it anymore though since she got big..:-(

Dino or Coco never played in the water bowl. But Dino does chase bubble bees in the backyard. He once caught one in his mouth that did not sting him but I have never seen him open his mouth in such a hurry before that. Later that day we both had a good laugh about it.

Bento will play with his water from his water bowl, which is very annoying because he'll get water all over the place.  We got him a giant hamster-like water bottle that we secured to his play pen.  The water bottle works great.  

Now, when he sees other dog's water bowl, the first thing he'll do is drink from it and then splash its contents with his paw.

Sparty did that when he was young all the time! We had a big towel under his bowl. They lose interest after a while.

When Murray was a puppy he would put his whole nose down in the water bowl.  Now he is the opposite...he rests his nose on the rim of the bowl when he drinks.  I haven't figured out if it is to keep water out of his nose or if it makes lapping more efficient or????..but it's very cute.

Lilliput will push her face under the water, then come up quickly to spray water around. She does this especially at the park, where she is letting me know it's time to empty her bowl by throwing the water up in the air for her to jump up and "catch."

So those Corgis that play in their water bowls, do they also enjoy the water outside, as in going to the lake, or the beach?  We have a boat and are hoping Sophie will like to go along.  So we are hoping she will like the water

Sparty loves water. Beaches are one of his favorite things, so in our case yes!

Frosty doesn't do this, but it seems to be a pretty common corgi event. Here are some past discussions on the same topic lol:
http://www.mycorgi.com/forum/topics/playing-in-water-bowl-constant
http://www.mycorgi.com/forum/topics/1150197:Topic:93881
http://www.mycorgi.com/group/pembrokeelementary/forum/topics/splash...

Ginger will play in her water bowl in her kennel, but not the one in the kitchen.  I come home most nights to a soaked kennel floor.  She does however like to leave toys in the water bowl in the kitchen.

Yes the both  did till i made them stop , be persist ant . it wont last long...

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service