So I have started to give my pets pure virgin coconut oil in there food. There fur smells like coconut and shiny and amazing. It helps with joints and so many things. I wanted to share this to the corgi world because coconut oil for dogs and people is rely growing fast. I am below going to post a link to a site that has all the benefits of giving this to your furry friend!

http://www.petside.com/article/coconut-oil-miracle-jar-dogs

Try It an you will fall in love!

Views: 1948

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for posting this. I use coconut oil regularly and had been wondering if it's safe for dogs.  It has great anti inflammatory properties and one of my dog could benefit from that right now because of a yeast infection in the ears. I will start her on it.

Thanks for sharing this tip with us, will try it on eczema too, any other tips you'd like to share with us?

It is the cooking kind!!!! Get virgin though! And my favorite brand is spectrum. You want a strong coconut smell because that's what your dog will start smelling like. (spectrum organic virgin) And they say a TBLS per 10-20 lbs.

Thank you Elizabeth

the best deal on non-hydrogenated coconut oil I found was at Walmart, and I suggested it to my mom as it has shown to improve memory in Alzheimers patients.  I take it as a preventative measure since that disease is hereditary!  Didn't know it also had benefits for dogs, will read up on that.

I dont want to sound like a dummy but is the coconut oil liquid or solid?  Years ago I had the solid form.  If you feed it to your dogs are you melting it? 

Coconut oil is a solid at room temperature, but melts very easily.  As soon as you touch it the oil starts to melt into a liquid.  Personally, I just spoon some oil into my dogs' bowls (while it's solid) and they devour it like it's ambrosia.  :)

Yes you melt it. It's heating point is like 75 anyways so it will melt in your hands or to the touch. Very nice.

Just got some yesterday and tried it instead of chapstick last night...worked very well:)

So I decided to experiment and I added coconut oil to my oatmeal! Amazing!!!

where do you buy coconut oil?  I think I saw it at our bulk store, but want to get good kind that has a coconut flavor.  Where did you get yours?

good idea!  I am going to have to try it with oatmeal too!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service