Hi all! So I like to take Maple to the dog park to play around, but which side should she be playing on? When she is with the little dogs she ends up being the big bully lol! But I'm afraid she will get trampled on with the big dogs. Which side is your corgi playing on? Feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Views: 1701

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Our park only has one main area and a teeeeeny tiny pathetic little area for small dogs, so we always go to the main area. Henry plays well with most dogs, but he doesn't care for big dogs that play with their feet (danes, boxers, etc usually) and gets huffy about it. Luke has been attacked (not injured, but terrified) by multipe large dogs (I swear every big nasty dog sees him as a target) and while he will tolerate a big dog if it's polite and calm, he plays much better with dogs his own size. Usually we just try to avoid most of the dogs and walk on the trail around the perimeter to be honest.

We always take Frosty to the big dog side because he thinks everyone smaller than him is a rabbit or a squirrel.  Corgis were made to be trampled be cattle/sheep/etc so don't be too worried about any trampling a mere dog may do lol

I always take baden on the big dog side. At first he was scared but now he loves it. I make regular play dates with the ones i know r good dogs. If i see an unruly dog i leave immediately! It only take 1bad experience and then they r scared of other dogs. Thats what happened to teddy(r.i.p) he was attacked by a rottie and pit at the same time and it took 7months of constant positive reinforcement to have him realize not all dogs are r out to get him
It shocked me and my husband when it happened as he was playing just fine and then all of a sudden the rottie attacked and the the pit joined it. He screamed his head off and had a bloody lip and peed/pooped all over himself:( he was to scared to even walk back to the car. Thankfuly the guy who worked there to make sure everyone had nice dogs, told them they were no longer alowed in and said if they were to come back it would be a $85 fine. Needless to say I never seen them there again.

This time with baden I meet the people and there dogs before even taking baden out of the car. I have had luck with it so far and. He loves it there, always has a great time with his buddies:)

We take Leena to the small part of the park (under 25lb)... She is terrified of the large dogs (we keep trying with this size, but she does not take well to them) but gets along with the smaller ones.  Really it is up to you and your dog.

Tomahawk loves hanging out with the big dogs. I just have to watch him because he tends to be very dominant and will be a little aggressive with his playing. I think maybe that's why he doesn't like little dogs, they never want to play as rough as he does.

Big side for sure. 

My dog is a lot like yours.  When she's w/ the small dogs, she instantly turns into a playful bully.  She does much better in the big park because there's more space to run around.  She's also evenly matched w/ all of the larger dogs.

Thanks ALL for the comments =) Maple is petite for a corgi, but boy, does she play like a tomboy! 

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service