Three of my four corgis are rescue dogs and I do some occasional rescue work with corgis. Last week our local shelter had what they called a corgi. Not being able to stay away from corgis is how I got my last two. Anyway, I went to the shelter and saw this most unusual female dog that I'm convinced is a Corgi-Australian Cattle Dog mix or a "Red Corgi" as she has the red ticking as opposed to the blue. I have a "Blue Corgi" which I have posted for discusion previously. Anyway, I managed to get this 1-2 year old girl out of the shelter and into foster care. She was spayed & vaccinated Friday, July 17 and was taken to foster care the next day. Due her not feeling all that great, we haven't seen much of her personality yet. However, prior to her surgery she showed me to be a real cuddler.
I would really appreciate hearing from anyone who may be interested in this unique dog. However with two herding breeds bred in to her she is not going to be a dog for just any casual owner. She will need quite a bit of attention so as to not get the upper hand on anyone.
Oh, by the way, she was turned in by her owners who said they "couldn't afford to feed her anymore." She is underweight and we hope to get that turned around shortly. Please e-mail me with any questions or interest. Thanks!

Views: 236

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

God Bless you for saving Cookie :) bump.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service