Does your corgi frantically run sprints throughout the house?

I call this the corgi "psycho run." Every corgi I have ever know goes on a crazy run throughout the house until they are exhausted. Do any of your corgis do this? It's sooo funny!

Views: 1285

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

FRAP-ing is something every corgi does. Pan and Trunks chase each other like maniacs. It starts at the drop of a hat. Great fun!
Our dog, Lily, did this when she was young. It happened when she was very excited. I called it "crazy puppy mode." It's not exclusive to corgis; other puppies I've had did the same thing. She's now two years old and sometimes takes off at a sprint, but doesn't do complete circles anymore.

Once I tried to catch her. She was much stronger than I expected. Just let her run!
Oh yes, we call this the Jack and Nathan show. My husband and I sit on the couch with our feet up and watch the frantic running and sliding on the tile floor. Figure 8s around the dining room table are especially good! After almost 15 years of Corgi ownership we never get tired of it.
Oh yes, our Keegan runs in figure 8s too, but the length of the house; it's usually happens after he
comes inside. We call it 'wild thing.' Our Chazz did it too. So now I know a new acronym for it, FRAP. Certainly a 'corgi thing.'
Haha yeah, it scares me when he does it because he'll just do it out of the blue. And then when he does he sounds like a puppy possessed. Not that I mind it, but does it ever go away or will he always do that?
I saw Tod FRAP again this morning....He also made light growling noises while doing it. I think it's a great thing! He got his morning exercise in (plus fetching the tennis ball) inside....instead of getting all dirty on this rainy day.
Caleb doesn't do this often, but when he does we all stop what we're doing to watch and laugh. I didn't know it was called frapping either, until I joined this site; we just call it a crack attack. Not that I've seen any crack heads run around maniacally like a corgi can, but whatever.
love the butt profile pic. =D and love ur dogs name too. haha and to finally answer your question.. YES bailey does run crazily around the house at least twice a day! and when it looks like hes going to stop (that crazy stare they give you), i just go "BOO!" and he goes off again... hahaha
YES!!! my Corgi Duchess Anne runs sprints around the kitchen table!! its freaky!! is thi sa characteristic??
Yes, it really seems to be a corgi thing! There are a few other breeds that do it too (but I can't remember). It's so much fun to watch, isn't it?
Arthur did this today and wrongly assumed that our sliding glass door to the patio was open. He ran face first into it and left a huge slobber mark. I know it sounds funny but he was yelping and whining with his little head buried in his paws! I was so worried! He resumed chasing me around the house about an hour later attempting to latch onto my calves with his teeth, so I assume he's ok now. ; )
He sure does! He runs from room to room all crazy, pausing once or twice to drink some water, then continue frapping again! It's so funny and cute to watch.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service