Just wondering if anyone can recommend a source to buy name tags for my corgis' collars that don't stain the white fur around their necks. Thanks for any recommendations.

Views: 9083

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@LA Stewart - It is a very cute tag. Why not try John's idea and use a few coats of clear polish?
I might, but I feel I would be painting them more than my own toenails!
LOL. That's what I suspect John does with the polish after he finishes his mani...
That looks great!!!!!What is on  the other side?

The other side has the name, address, and phone number.

They are very thick too.  They are made by Red Dingo.

@Jane, Ellen - I just checked out Boomerang and am impressed with the number of options. Like luckypet, they offer a collar and tag together, to avoid the problems of a hanging tag. 

@John - Boomerang states: You can eliminate hanging rabies or license tags by transferring their information to CollarTags.

Lifetime warranty. Thanks everyone for your help. I'm ready for my PhD in dog tags!

Next up I'm trying to get info. on automatic doggy doors for my outside cat, Calli. Ricky/Rafa and raccoons have started using our traditional doggy door into our detached garage where Calli's food is. We can no longer leave the doggy door open because of the raccoons, and we're concerned that R/R could get run over in the driveway if someone forgets to close Calli's pet door.

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated! I've been googling around for info. and it's confusing as they throw around terms like magnetic, RFID, or Electro-Magnetic. The prices vary wildly, from $80–$400.

We are switching to 28-carat gold tags for Al & Gwynnie so it won't stain their fur.  Plus, it goes great with the crocodile-hide collars.

@John - You might consider platinum tags for both. It would work well on a chinchilla collar for the glamorous Gwynnie. I suggest gangsta-size studs on the platinum tag for big Al.

PS   Did you ever see a photo I posted with the caption, "The ear doesn't make you John Wolff." Probably not. I tried to find it and even I kept missing it. Anyhow, I'll try to attach the photo:

@ John - Oh yeah, I thought there might be a state regulatory reason for the extra tags.
I was gonna suggest luckypet.com, but I see you've already received that hint! I got a great ID collar for Hanna there, and her chest is clean & white! :)
Hey, here is something that I never thought of but it made perfect sense.  I got Solomon one of bone shaped new tags at Petsmart, ya know the ones that they engrave and while it has a copper base and the inside that is engraved is black, it would stain or turn his white fur green.  When I took him to the groomers for his first and last time when he came back I noticed the tag was turned around, so I took his collar off and turned it back around.  I noticed that it went back to staining him.  So I gave him a bath and afterwards turned the tag back around backwards.  To this day and that has been 3 months there is no stain.  So I guess the groomer had a good idea!!!!!
I don't know if there are particular tags that won't stain the fur, but on Etsy you can find little pockets called Hush Puppies that enclose the tags. They keep the fur clean and silence multiple tags. This won't work if you like the clinking/jingling sound of multiple tags. :-)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service