Hello all,
Thanks for taking the time to read this because I need help with my master’s thesis research project.

The purpose is to assess health and physical activity levels of adults in the U.S. of pet-owners and non-pet owners. It consists of taking an anonymous online survey which is estimated to take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete.

If you are 18 years or older and currently live in the U.S., you are eligible to participate in the study!

Most importantly, for every completed survey received, $1 will be donated to organizations that benefit animal welfare (up to $400), including the Best Friends Animals Society and the National Animal Interest Alliance (NAIA).

For more information about the research and to the online survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=R1iMMu7extUyAQYqT_2bhqmg_3d_3d

Since I need both pet owners and non-pet owners, I ask that you please send the survey link to at least 2-3 friends/family members/neighbors that are not a pet owner, to ensure that both groups are represented in the study.

Thanks so much in advance for your time and I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have. I’ll be able post the results of the study in a few months.
(The goal is to graduate in December).

Thanks so much!

~Cindy

Views: 161

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm a dietitian with a weight management program, one of my patients who started out >400# and had a 30# Jack Russell (not a very bouncy one at that weight) both started walking, at first only 1-2 blocks, but are going a little longer every day and gradually losing weight and getting healthier. That's one of the main reasons we got a dog and nick named ours treadmill 1 and treadmill 2.
So, do we get to read the paper you wrote? That would be soooo cool!!!
As I mentioned, I'm still working on getting it published in a peer reviewed journal, but WebMD highlighted the research and included more of the preliminary results. =D
http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/news/20100608/walk-your-dog-t...
thumbs up!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service