ziggy! the magnificent! (isnt he cute)

why is he so magnificent? because he is MY CORGI!!

he is 4, and was born august 1st 2007. he is healthy for the most part (allergic to fleas, could stand to lose three-five pounds, which is good because when the lady i got him from got him from the lady that got him from the original owner (who may or may not have gotten him from a breeder) he weighed in at almost 50 pounds. the previous owner had him eating homemade food-and get this-its the same recipe i had saved for when i did get a corgi!

how perfect!:D oh, he is an excessive couch potato apparently.. and so far it seems true. i tried to walk him around my block and after getting halfway down a street, he stopped, turned around and pulled me right back to our house. i only let him do that for today, since he is going through getting a new home again. (the girl i got him from on had him since Nov-she only took him in to help him lose weight then find the perfect match for him-me;D) he hasnt barked once since ive met him, and he completely ignores cats-which is more than i could ask for really lol. i thought that i was going to have to go through a dog trying to get to know a cat while the cat only wants to be left alone haha.. but nope:D he is sooooo crazy awesome.. i cant wait to start walking with him a little later today, but im kinda nervous because i dont know how long he likes his walks haha. right now, i only have a couple pics of him on the computer-i have a ton more on hubby's camera, but he has to upload them for me before i can put them up! but i will:D here are the pics the previous owner sent me when i was still waiting to meet him.. they do not do him justice-he is SO much cuter in real life (and in the pics i took) i think she just had a bad camera or had bad timing with a camera lol.. one of the two! (hes still super cute in these pics, but they just.. dont capture him haha.)

im covered in dog fur.. and i LOVE it! im a corgi mom! FINALLY!:D

Views: 744

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fantastic news!!!!!! He is adorable!!! :)

Congratulations! Enjoy him.

Congrats Kimberly on your handsome boy Ziggy!!!  And congrats to Ziggy on finding his forever mama!  I know you both will have a grand time getting to know each other:)

yeah Ziggy the adorable!  Sounds like a wonderful forever home!

He has a really gentle and sweet face!  I am so happy for BOTH of you!!!

Congrats on getting your first fur baby!! What a sweet looking boy :) I can't wait to see all the other pictures.

Wonderful!I am so happy for you all! Can't wait to see more pictures and hear your stories. How lucky for all of you.

note: it took SO LONG to write this comment back to you all because everytime i got down to John Wolff's comment, i would either accidently click on another link and when i would go back my comment would be gone because the page refreshed or i would do something equally clutzy.. and have to start ALL OVER. happened like three times. i finally learned to save the comment in a word pad...ohhhhhhh wow did i feel dumb haha.

Priscilla, CARLY, and Frankie haha thats funny that you have to drag him xD i have decided i wont let him use the plop to get to me anymore xD i know that when he plops his main goal is to get home because if i stop with him thinking he needs a break, he tries to pull back to the house, so whenever he plops, i stop, he tries to pull back towards the house.. i just stand still, until he gets im not going back and that his only option to get back to the house is to get the walk over with xD (today it worked a little better than expected. he practically jogged halfway home this time, and without any real beckoning from me other than a very overly happy "good boy!" every so often) i will look up the collar, but he has a harness right now, which i like.. but still couldnt hurt to check out, thanks for the pointer!:D

Teresa haha yes i do believe it is an empty food bowl!:) hes so silly, his face gets so hopeful and happy when you ask "ziggy, are you hungry?" makes me wanna explode haha.. cant even believe i lucked out and got him.. how perfect for me!:) hes so silly, and hes spoiled in the bed department-we just got a queen tempur mattress today, and are waiting for our bed frame in the mail, so we are just using the mattress on the floor tonight (yes, my old bed was so awful that we would rather sleep on just a plain top mattress on the floor than go through another night of that terrible thing xD plus, it was a twin, and now its a queen, so ziggy actually fits up near us and not just down by our feet lol.)

Lois B. Allen they really are wonderful:) aside from being the cutest dogs ever, they're just kinda goofy breed that just gives you that warm fuzzy feeling in your tummy! (well they do that to me anyhow haha.)

Emilie it is pretty great news:D no. you are right. best news ever! haha.. i couldnt even believe it! i feel kinda bad though too.. like i am keeping in touch with the girl i got him from and she is really sad and misses him:( i would be going crazy if i were in her place. (she only took ziggy in the first place because she wanted to make sure that he lost the weight he needed to instead of just going to a home where they wouldn't do that... and he did lose a lot of weight. only three-five, maybe six pounds left to go!)

Rachael & Waffle thanks.. i cant wait to update everyone! i love talking about him:) its so nice to finally have a dog.. its so calming and relaxing and happifying lol.. i cant believe that i finally have a corgi.. its crazy! i feel like a whole new person almost, just because i actually look forward to going outside.. (well.. kinda.. i mean, i would be completely but since he cant walk very much right now, its kinda ehh.. but it will get better, im sure:) i have a goal! i want to go on mt hood's dog day fun run/walk group thingy.. at least the easiest one.. at least. xD so i have until september to get him up to that point!:)

Sandy Stickney ahh thank you! he is very sweet indeed-even my cat doesnt hate him.. my cat hates all dogs. but not ziggy!:) doesnt like him yet-but didnt hiss at him once, and they even touched noses! i couldnt believe my eyes! usually skittles boxes first and asks questions later.. but nope! no worries at all here! ziggy just.. well, he fits right in!:)
Jen, Yuki & Ellie thanks:D yes i am for sure over the top joyed out xD i couldnt even believe it when i saw him and knew that he was going to be coming home with me. i died a little inside and went to heaven! <3 hes such a silly pooch, just loves to lay down and he likes his bum scratched.. His feet are extremely stinky though lol... he kinda stinks period right now.. Iidont know when his last bath was though-i gotta askD:

Sidney Michelle Dickson thank you:D corgis do rule!:D aughhh, hes so funny.. he snores, but only randomly xD and usually, they are bear sized snores-big and loud xD (i tell you this because you hes sleeping right now next to me, and its quiet.. quiet.. quiet.. then *SSSNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEE* haha)

John Wolff yupp! and hes still got skin that would accomodate a fifty pound ziggy rather than his 33 pound current self! its kinda fun to play with.. but a bit sadish because it shows that he lost all the weight from dieting and not getting exercise-which is probably why hes so lazy now xD (for anyone who sees this-no poor thoughts of the girl i got him from, she loved him lots, probably thought that dieting was enough for the most part..) i will have to take him somewhere. i live across from a large field where people sometimes play offleash with their dogs. i will give it a try-the girl i got him from said he never tries to run away or anytihng like that, and she said that when he is in a good mood he likes to be chased, so maybe there will be some extra activity with that, i will give it a shot:D (though right now it probably wont happen, im pretty sure hes just adjusting to all the changes hes been going through:) and thank you-my life took a turn for the better too:D i now have a reason to go outside so i will. i love being outdoors, just need proper motivation-well... kinda.. i need confidence. i get worried that people are staring at me, etc, social anxiety.. if im with someone its okay, bc they arent looking at me-theyre looking at walking companion. (like a friend who will walk with me or, say, ziggy:D) hes going to help me a lot, i know it. cause dogs are easy ice breakers, and i wont be worried about what people are thinking of me if i focus and talk about ziggy and corgis:D

Anna Morelli thanks:D he has indeed found his forever mommy and daddy with us:) i dont care what happens, i will always find a way to keep ziggy-and keep him healthy. i dont care what i have to do, i really dont. even if i go through a rough patch for whatever reason, i will work something out:) my aunt will foster, i have no doubt in my mind, so long as i would buy him food-which i could always do somehow:)

Emily & Scout thanks! yes he is my baby:) even if im not his mommy yet lol-we'll get there though:D yes it seems that they do! i could have gotten a corgi a while ago but waited bc i wanted to move first.. but ziggy is perfect and since we can afford him even though moving, we just decided to take a leap of faith since we are moving SOON, and hes just SO PERFECT!:) Everything about this worked out amazingly-my mom would not EVER go for a dog. I have NO IDEA what posessed her to say yes, I nearly pooped my pants haha.. I was so excited I was shaking like a leaf! And me too.. He's a good dog and derserves it for sure:)

Ellen Andersen he is! i dont know if its as apparent in pics, but his white collar is SO white. its blinding when you look at it in the light haha:) such a handsome boy.. though he has a really ridiculously large over bite.. its cute xD but he gets all sad looking when you try and look at them-maybe he is just bothered that his mouth is being inspected-i know i wouldnt like someone pulling on my lips haha

Laura and Tommy Jefferson thanks i think so too:) especially when you ask him if hes hungry, his eyes get SO bright!:)

Bev Levy thanks.. i am.. i love the corgi fur everywhere, it makes me laugh.. hubby hates it though haha.. he feels bad for his electronics xD i kinda do too to be perfectly honest haha.. but its not that bad, because i like to brush him:)

Nancy Bauer haha you have no idea how many times he hears "youre such a handsome boy" in just an hour! i cant stop, its like i dont want to but i cant help it.. plus i keep praising him for no reason-im trying to stop, to not praise him unless he earns it, but i cant help it, and its digging me into a hole! (he doesnt even know "sit" ...but he does know "no" or "leave it".. but id like to train him.. might make him happier to have something to work at.)

Sam, Gregg & Poopdeck thanks so much:) i really hope that hes happy being with us-he makes me so happy.. like heart in my throat choked up happy.. its ridiculous, its like.. ive only had him for just over 2 days now and already i feel like i would be so heartbroken without himD:

Teresa Gilpin he does!:) he is a sweet boy.. my moms cat swatted at him and clawed him (my poor zigglebum!) and he didnt even get angry at the kitty, he just laid his head down-i of course did not let the kitty stay with us on the couch, i felt so bad for ziggy!

Annaglen thank you!:) i have posted a few, and there are more on the camera, but i have to wait before i can bother hubby to upload them again haha i dont wanna be too annoying. (not that he takes it that way, but i still dont wanna be up in his face demanding he stop what hes doing and upload my pictures) xD oh and yes he is the one from the lady on craigslist:) the other chick bailed out and i was second in line so we rushed over the next morning:D yay!

Vicki Baylus thanks i cant wait to update you guys:) i am so over the moon, its crazy how happy i am. i wish i could explain it in a correct way.. im sure everyone on here knows though-all the first time corgi owners must feel this way! (well.. the ones on here anyway... not some of the ones who aren't, that's for sure.)

Congratulations!!!!!!!!  He is totally adorable!!!!!!

Thanks so much:) He is pretty cute,-and such a good boy:D I am 100% blessed to have him:D

Yay!

Yes, that pretty much sums it up for me lol!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service