Took Sunny out for a quick bathroom break on Sunday evening, didn't realize that someone left my backyard gate open, Sunny dashed right out and started running, I ran after him.

A family who randomly saw the dog run by and told me to get in the car to chase after him. We asked everyone we drove by if they've seen a dog, everyone was helpful and sounded concerned.

I got a call 20 minutes later from a man who is 2 miles away and said he found the dog, along with a bunch of people trying to slow down and catch this runaway dog.

Sunny is now safe inside the house and my faith in humanity has been restored.

On a day like this with such a tragedy in Colorado, I just want to remind everyone that there are plenty of good people in this world.

Thankfully the poor pup came out with only minor injuries, both of his paw pads are cut up, I have sterilized and bandaged them, he is almost back to 100% now.

Views: 462

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yay! I am happy Sunny made it home mostly okay!:)

That's really great that so many people chipped in to help. I never see that kind of thing anymore, and it's great!

Sunny is a handsome guy:) I love his tail, and his lengthy legs! Awesome that he is safe and sound at home with you, where he belongs.

It is wonderful that Sunny is safe and sound at home.

But I couldn't help laughing his a little sad face in the third photo... Sorry.. he is really cute!!!

Thanks!

He is in good spirits. I've only been taking him out for 2 minute walks three times a day to use the restroom and get some fresh air.

But he keeps trying to walk towards our usual walking trail like "everything is fine! let's keep walking!"

Poor baby, hope he has learned an important lesson about leaving his yard! I am so glad that you received a lot of help and he got home safe. Yes, most people are so kind, that is why it is so mystifying when things like the shooting in Aurora occurs.

I am so glad he made it home safe!  I am sorry about his poor little feet!

I'm glad you had such a happy ending to your scary adventure.  Sleep tight Sunny.

Thanx for a truly uplifting story!So glad Sunny is home and safe.Poor little paws :(.

I'm glad Sunny made is home :) ...is he mixed?

Yea, the big question is with what.

This site's consensus is that he is just mostly to all corgi with some bad breeding that got his legs longer than others.

Trainer believes he is part doxen because of his length and how he likes to bury bones.

My guess is part basenji because of his curly tail, his long socks, and the fact that every other dog from the shelter I got him from is part basenji.

He looks really cool :) ...thanks

Glad so many chipped in to help.

Whew, so glad he's home safe!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by