We have flower beds all around the outside of our house, and we've put down weed-reducing fabric and bark. Finn's favorite thing in the world is to chew on the bark. I know that he chews because he's a puppy, but my concern is that it's not good for his digestive system/intestines. He also likes to pull the fabric up and dig in the dirt, but I'm much more concerned about him ingesting the bark.
We like to let him and Guinness out to play when we get home since Finn is locked up all day, but I feel as though we need to constantly watch him to make sure he's not eating too much or swallowing chunks that are too big.