I've had a few dogs through out my life. Shitzu's, German Shepards, Beagles, and then Ein. 

This dog came into our home at around 10 weeks old and quickly dug his claws into our hearts. There wasn't much that we did that he was not with us. Be it watching TV, digging weeds (he thought everything was a weed), helped keep rabbits out of the pea patch, and took showers with us.

A few months back he was diagnosed with nasal soft tissue sarcoma and a surgery got a good chunk out so he could breathe. He came back with a vengence from that and did a lot more stuff.

Then two week ago I noticed he was starting to sound congested and had that sinking feeling. As the week progressed, it got worse until he could not breathe through his nose anymore. He still acted normal, chasing the laser, rabbits, etc. But the last few days he was starting to slow down, the lack of sleep from not being able to breathe properly was catching up to him. 

This morning, he did not want to eat his food. He ate a cookie, but he just sat there looking at me and I knew it was time. 

On our way we stopped at Jack in the Box and got him a burger, which he gulped down happily. When we got to the vet, he walked right in like he always did. The only dog I've had that I didn't have to drag in. He walked into the exam room, onto the lift table and laid down. That is where he left us, peacefully, after giving me a kiss on the nose. 

For the short time we had him, this dog lit up our lives and kept us going. I will sorely miss him and remember him every time I mow the lawn, pick the blueberries, raspberries, greenbeans, etc And I will look for him to toss him a few like he loved.

I know you will be waiting for us, until then, have fun little buddy!

Views: 679

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Heartbreaking.  We're incredibly sorry for your loss.

Thank you

I posted on your other thread, but I will say once again here that you were fortunate to have found Ein and he was fortunate to have found you.  It is obvious from your collage that even in his short time with you, you gave him much love and joy.

He did.

Thank you

Today was rough... 

I got up this morning and first thing I said was "Ein, come on, lets go potty." He usually slept under the bed and it took me a moment to realize what I did. 

Then coming home... no barking/whining corgi at the gate... I'm going to miss that.

Once again, I am sorry for your sadness you are experiencing and the loss of your little friend.  You will miss the little things he did that sets him apart and it will be hard for awhile.

As for "missing that", please remember that there are a lot of little Corgi's out there waiting for a good forever home which you could give them.   I know that losing Ein must be causing you major pain and grief, but my guess is that little Ein would also want you to be happy.  That he would want you to go out and adopt another little Corgi so you won't be lonely.  There are good breeders and rescue groups that have another Corgi out there waiting for someone to love him or her even with a fraction of the huge amount of love you must have felt with Ein. 

So sorry to hear about poor Ein. It's obvious how much you loved him, and how happy his life was.

Thank you.

love this picture

What a cutie boy. We are so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute; I'm sorry you didn't have more time with Ein. He is now with all our corgi babies at Rainbow Bridge having the time of his life.

Thank you for sharing Ein with us all. He is a very handsome dog and you gave him a wonderful life. Take care

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service