The younger of the two corgis in the house has, it seems, a couple of defects (but we love her still) 1. She is pigeon toed in the back terribly... Does anyone know the extent of pain/early onset of arthritis for a dog like that?
2. She is very overweight... Yes I know this is a huge topic for the breed, but she is on light management food, 1/2c 2x a day (cutting her back slowly) and no treats unless its a part of a banana once a week or a few cheerios. The vet tested glucose, nothing so she is not diabetic... Soooo I am wondering if it may be worth while to test her for thyroid and glucose again? She's actually always been heavier and it's a huge concern. Our vet is convinced she's over-fed under exercised (maybe a little but working on it, it's freezing cold here in MN!) but I have a feeling it's deeper.
Does anyone have those problems with their corgis? Or experience with it? She also nearly died last year of pancreatitis =/ scary

Views: 1256

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

They are fed individually, this is the food that works best for them. She doesn't get UTI's on it and he doesn't have runny stool.
Thanks for the tip on the feeding. I'm used to putting them on schedules like they are when they are puppies to know when to put them outside. Now that they are house broken I suppose it wouldn't kill them to switch up the schedule.
Give it a try. Put some kibble in and push it with your hand to roll it on the floor. The food should come out, one or two pieces at a time, fairly regularly. If it dumps out all at once, it defeats the purpose. If it hardly comes out at all, your dog may get frustrated and upend the house.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service