What was to be a fun day with the dogs and horses, turned out very bad for Nicky. Nicky suffered a kick to his head and eye. Thank god my vet was open today. I was so scared for him. As i prayed on the way there that he would be ok. his head was cut open above his eye, i couldn't really see his eye due to swelling. When we got there he was able to walk thank god. My concern was internal bleeding or his skull fractured. The vet didn't think it was. She gave him an IV for reducing internal swelling and cleaned his cut up. What we need to watch is his eye and any further swelling . I hope he doesn't lose his sight and that the swelling behind his eye goes down.  I feel so terrible, Nicky loves the horses, he has been around them for 5 years, and this is the 1st incident thats every happened.  Goes to show anything can happen anytime, no matter how careful you are. I hope he pulls thru ok. Along with keeping a bag of frozen peas on his head 10mins on every 20 min. for awhile and keeping him quite. Please God look over my Nicky and let him recover.

Views: 816

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rats, wish I'd known sooner so Al & Gwynn could send good vibes.

FYI those gel packs that remain flexible in the freezer are good for this sort of thing.  Get 1 o2 2 and keep them in the freezer.

thanks john, will get those for futher use. Hopefully won't have the use them tho, maybe for myself and my achey joints.

Corgi hugs and prayers from Lilly and I!! 

Sending prayers for Nicky.

Zac was always calm around livestock until one day a horse went running and bucking by right on the other side of a fence.  For whatever reason, it set him off that day.  He got under the fence, chased the horse and got kicked in the head.  It rolled him, but he was OK.  Sure was scary.  You hope they learn from their mistakes.  It never happened again.

Thank you, Nicky has been around horses for 5 years now, and this is the first time this has happend. And i hope the last. I am nervous every time i bring him to the barn, but he just loves it so. He is doing better. Will have to have his eye checked to see if there was any damage from such a blow. I will have to be extra careful if and when i bring him again. I just won't let him be in the arena when they are running around.

Corgi hugs from Baron.  It was a miracle.

I  am sending a corgi hug to Nicky. I hope and pray he continues to heal up well!

thank you, everyone is so great here. what would we do without all our corgi friends.

Our heart goes out to you, I can only imagine how you must feel, but it sounds like Nicky is on his way to a recovery, thanks to your love.

We send our prayers to you and Nicky.

Tommy and I are sending our best wishes to Nicky!! Hope he's doing ok!!!!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service