Ahhh! I yelped a new groomers and told him I wanted to trim a little, esp. around the butt area and underside since dirt sticks to it.  I left my baby there and came back to check on him and he was halfway shaved, they shaved his sides but the top and his chest fur was still there... I told him to stop and just trim his butt hairs, they said ok and told me to come back.  When I came back to get my corgi, he was mostly shaved (esp when i told them to stop!) and has a strip of hair like a mohawk down his back. He has about half an inch of hair, and whats worse, they didn't even shave it evenly!!!! UGH!

My corgi is only 1 and is relatively healthy save for a dry eye issue, will his hair grow back? Has anyone experienced this? I am very distressed! I feel too embarrassed to take him any where unless he has a shirt on.  

Views: 8415

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would also raise hell. That "hair cut" is in no way acceptable for ANY breed! What were they thinking!? If he were mine I'd probably just finish the shave so at least he is uniform. Poor thing. Also, you can post pictures on Yelp. Post one of those pictures. In what world is that considered a trim!? That almost looks like a surgical shave, its so short! Augh, again, poor thing! Poor you! GET YOUR MONEY BACK! Don't let them get away with this! Take him with you when you go to get your money back so other clients see what they did to your dog. :-(

That is just terrible. I would probably show up out front every day with my dog. Who on earth thinks that's an appropriate trim for ANY dog? Why would anyone want their dog cut like that? The groomer clearly has no idea what he/she is doing. I'd also demand money back.

Just so you are prepared, top coat typically grows on a multi-year cycle and depending on where in the cycle the coat is, it may be a long time (over a year) before it grows back, or it could just be a few months. We have a friend who had a lab shaved for surgery last summer and it's not even starting to come back in yet; just the undercoat is back.

i was at petsmart yesterday and saw a just-shaven german shepherd walking around the store with his tail between his legs. i thought of your poor corgi with his mohawk. =( i hope his fur grows back soon!

Omg! I would be just hysterical if I picked up my Corgis and they did this! I always get mine bathed about every 3 months at Petsmart, and one time they gave my female a 'sani-trim' around her rear and her feet. The feet were fine, but didn't enjoy the clear view of her now quite visible 'exits', lol. Not to mention half of her beloved butt fluff was gone! I make sure I tell them every visit that I do not want any trimming period, and also to not spray the horrible scents they use on them. I hope the fur grows back quickly!

We were at PetSmart today for some food and treats, and I saw a Corgi getting a total shave.  They left the tail, and the legs and head were untouched.   The rest was skinned.

It looked a bit silly.  I was appalled.

Wow! Poor little Corgi :( The groomer needs to be fired, and never allowed to groom any dog again! If you can't follow simple orders then you seriously need help. I just learned you can't shave a corgi through a good friend and this site of course cause I'd seen a few around here and I can't believe people do that! Glad I did research and didn't make the mistake of trying to. :( He looks so sad! Hugs to you and the poorly cut one! I'd love to get ahold of his groomer and see how he likes me grooming HIM =/

Oh this is extremely unacceptable!  Demand money back since this put's your poor dog at risk for sunburn.  I think I would have called the police department.  When I have had my dogs groomed I have asked for a sanitary cut, and got that. 

I'm sure I would hear no argument from this site in saying that corgis are the cutest looking things on the planet.  Why ruin a good thing? So sad that the groomer thinks this is acceptable for corgis as I'm sure he/she has had customers who actually request it.

The poor shaved corgis look so pitiful and naked, and I can't figure out why people choose to shave them and take away from their good looks.  Yes, it does get hot in some places, but they make kiddie pools for a reason. 

OMG....the picture look really bad....feel for your corgi...I would have sued the groomer till they close down if they did that.

On another note, my tricolor corgi Max was also shaved (without my knowledge) two weeks back.  Am actually overseas on work and my wife went back to stay with the sisters...One day i saw on my wife's facebook a picture of a corgi who looks like my max but with much less hair...He was shaved!!! Oh man...i was really upset but what can be done...her sister suggested the cut as it was hot and max seems to be affected by the heat...

Am really upset with the end results...hope it does grow back..he has such nice coat and markings too..

Attachments:

Oh geeez!  Poor Max...I'm sure it'll be fine, but still.... so unnecessary...poor fellow.

Ok, bear with me for a minute, but here's a thought. How about getting some sortof pet-friendly dye? If you could find some kind of reddish-colored dye to match his existing hair, it might not be so completely obvious he's been shaved. I know there are some pet dyes out there, not people dyes, that might work. Just a thought; I feel so bad for him - and for you! The t-shirts also sound like a great alternative, but the dye might work, as well. Wishing you the best!

Has his hair begun to fill in? This discussion popped up again on the main page and I realize it's been almost 3.5 months. I hope there has been some progress. I brought my Newfie mix to the groomer in March due to uncontrollable matting on his butt and tail fur -- not due to poop, but just that it was SO LONG and turned into butt dreads haha! His backside is very sensitive for some reason, and simple brushing wouldn't help. I brought him there to see if there was anyting she could do, and she ended up shaving it all off. It has started to really fill out after 4.5 months, but the poor thing was uneven and looked like a lopsided baboon. Haha!! Looks good now.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service