Hey guys! We are about to get two Corgis, both tan and white, but we need some help with naming! The male name will be Gibson, after the guitar. We need to choose a female name. I would like the female name either to be musically inspired, end in "n," or just sound nice with Gibson. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Views: 292

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gibson and Gwenneth (opera singer, soprano)
Gwenneth is a Welsh name. Our Gwynnie is actually Gwynnhfar (being a Welsh name, I can't even spell it).
Gibson and Girl...heheh
Gibson and Gale.
Hmmmm....how bout Riff....as in guitar riff. I really like Fender too. Whammy as in whammy bar on a guitar. Strutter as in picking.
A friend of mine named her dog Ingo...as in 2nd verse in the song B I N G O.....Iol...very clever I thought
Gibson and Marshall! It's not a 'pretty' name, but they go together like pork on chops!
Gibson and.....Coda! As in "You forgot to go to the coda!"

"The presence of a coda as a structural element in a music movement is especially clear in works written in particular musical forms. In a sonata form movement, the recapitulation section will generally follow the exposition in its thematic content, while adhering to the home key. The recapitulation often ends with a passage that sounds like a termination, paralleling the music that ended the exposition; thus any music coming after this termination will be perceived as extra material; i.e. as a coda. In works in variation form, the coda occurs following the last variation and will be very noticeable as the first music not based on the theme.

Codas were commonly used in both sonata form and variation movements during the Classical era. One of the ways that Beethoven extended and intensified Classical practice was to expand the coda sections, producing a final section sometimes of equal musical weight to the foregoing exposition, development and recapitulation sections and completing the musical argument."

Just my two cents!
But Pembrokes don't *have* a coda. Italian for "tail".
how about leslie or paulie - after les paul one of the famous gibson guitars, or Lucille - BB kings guitar?
When we got ours, we were torn between 2 names:
1. Bronwyn - meaning fair, white chested or blessed.
2. Vontel - can't remember the meaning

anyway have fun.
Lucy

"Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds"

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…