Hi, I'm brand new here. I just recently adopted Gemmi from a rescue and am trying to figure out if she's a mix (and what she may be mixed with).

She has the short, slightly bowed legs and longer body. Her ears bend over at the top. She is really soft and fluffy around her neck area, but the lighter fur underneath her is coarser? Also she has a tail that curls up over her back like a chow or Shiba Inu.

This is my first post, so I'm going to try and attach photos of her...

Any information would be appreciated! Thank you!

Views: 1848

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

oh i just read that you said she doesnt have a purple tongue. so scratch the chow. i def. see the shiba inu though, but shibas and corgis look pretty similar anyways.
Before reading the comments, the first thing I thought as soon as looking at the pics was Shiba Inu....I think if I wouldn't have a corgi, I might want one though!!!!
Good gracious, that is an adorable puppy. All kinds of things going on with her.
HAha! Isn't that the truth! She's so darn cute though.

I think for Mother's day I'm asking for a test kit so I can find out who my baby Daddy is! LOL
I can see where people think that there may be some Shiba Inu in her. My chorgi is only as tall as a corgi, same with the puppies she had before I got her. Her tongue is splotchy, not completely black. I don't think dogs mixed with chows always have black on their tongue, but that is usually a good indicator of being mixed with chow.
She looks like a corgi/shiba to me...and 100% cute!
Who cares when ya got a winner?
I see lots of gorgeous dogs, "...just a mutt from the pound..." And don't forget hybrid vigor.
I think she's a corgi/shiba inu also. Chow chows seem to have more of a dramatic face, although she could still be part chow chow and just didn't get any of the genes for the facial features.
I think she has Shiba Inu in her also. When I saw her picture at the side of the page b4 I even saw you question, I thought, what a cute Shiba Inu mix!". If she does, then you got a bargain. They are super expensive! I looked into them at one point and I kept a picture of one. So I am sending it along.
Good luck with her and make sure she understands who is boss. Is she is that mix, you will have to stay the "pack leader" to quote Caesar all the time. She seriously is adorable. Congrats! Jerri
Attachments:
I was looking into Shiba Inus as well before I decided on a Corgi!
Whatever she is shes so darn cute!!!!
She's so cute! I'm thinking the same thing as everyone else, Chow/Corgi or maybe a Golden Retriever/Corgi?

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service