To all our dear friends - I wanted to let you know that we had to let our little boy Remy go on December 28, 2010.

He woke up Christmas morning and was very sick - he did not eat, drink or move all day.   We thought it might be something he ate but started looking and acting better on Sunday.  By Tuesday we could tell there was something wrong and took him to his vet, Dr. Craig Meyer of Lake Travis Animal Hospital .    Dr. Meyer is the best vet we EVER had.   He would spend up to 2 hours with us during an appointment when we were trying to figure out why Remy was having trouble walking when his DM started.   He spent 2 hours yesterday with us making sure we were not overlooking any possibilty that could help Remy.   I know some might say it's because he's charging by the hour - but that's not the case - he really cares about his furry patients and the people who love them!

Dr. Meyer said that sometime in the past few months, Remy had developed a tumor that developed very aggressively.  Dr. Meyer said that it was to the point now that it was pressing on his bladder and that was why he was having trouble.   He said that he had less than a week and was concerned because if the tumor ruptured, he would bleed to death and it would be very painful.    We always thought the DM that caused his lower spine and back legs not to work would be what he would succumb to.  Just last week Remy and I were out on the back deck playing ball and he was running around chasing the ball in his cart - so happy to be outside playing in the warm weather.

We kept him that night and in the morning took him to let Dr. Meyer put him to sleep.   Dr. Meyer offered to come to the house but could not do that until later in the day.   Remy did not look good this morning and we could see he was telling us it was time.

As you know, Remy was "our little boy".   We always knew this day would come and when it did, it would be very hard on both of us.   It's worse than I thought.   We miss him terribly, but know we did the right thing so that he did not suffer.

Alot of people would say "he's just a dog" but he wasn't that to us.

Our house is very quiet and it does not feel right to not have him here.

Thanks for being a part of his happy life!

Karen, Rob & Remy Martin of Travis, the Sweetest Pea in the Pod!

Views: 455

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am so sorry for your loss Karen & Rob :(
Thanks Sam - give your little ones an extra hug and scratch behind the ears from Remy tonight!

I'm so very sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers go out to you...

sending Corgi hugs and kisses your way..

Thanks JC - give litte Corie an extra hug and scratch behind the ears from Remy tonight!

My heart goes out to you.  I am so sorry....you did the best for him, and he is in a much better place now--hopefully soon you can remember the good times! 

Thanks Jennifer - give your little ones (Jackson and Sierra, I think) an extra hug and a scratch behind the ears from Remy tonight.   An extra puppy treat would not hurt either!   Karen
So sorry for your loss. You gave Remy a lot of love and he will be welcomed to run again with many other loved corgis over the Rainbow Bridge.
Bev - thanks so much.  Give Izzy and Sparty and extra hug and scratch behind the ears tonight from Remy!
I am so sorry for the pain you are going through losing your corgi.  We are here for you to help you through this diffucult time.
Thanks Natalie - Lance is such a handsome boy - those beautiful blue eyes!   I miss my little "Brown Eyed Boy" but know he is in a good place and waiting for us when we get there.
I am so sorry for your loss...it is never easy to lose a family member...especially one that is full of unconditional love. What a blessing your Remy was. My deepest sympathies.
Thanks Kristen - Remy truly was a blessing that we had for 13 1/2 years.    I remember the day we brought him home - does not seem all that long ago.   He had a good life but it's never long enough.   I know he's waiting for us when we get there!   Give your little brood an extra hug, scratch and treat tonight for Angel Remy!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service