Looking for some feedback on grooming tools-Rake or Furminator?

Its time for a new brush and looking at these tools I think they'll do a better job since her coat is so "thick". I don't know of anyone ever using one and I want something that will do the job and yet she will still enjoy...Thanks!

Views: 1046

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Personally, I love, love, love, love the furminator.  It is easy to use and does the job well.  Solomon thinks I am playing with him and he wiggles when I use it.  I am able to use the furminator and still play with him and not get frustrated!!!!!
little late, but wanted to throw my 2 cents worth in!  We used the furminator on Herky and worked great and didn't seem to mind it at all.  TRIED to use it on Mia and my husband got one swipe down the middle of her back and she wanted none of it!  Later I was looking at her fur and noticed she now has a reverse mohawk down her back!  Hopefully it will grow back regular as it looks silly.  I think alot depends on what kind of fur your corgi has.  Herky is much thicker and more fluff than Mia.

Seanna has a horribly thick coat.  I have both a rake and a furminator.  I think the rake does a better job.  I've heard the furminator just cuts the coat--you definitely get more hair out, but I'm not sure it's just the loose undercoat and not cut hairs.

I've never used anything but a regular old steel comb.  Nice handle, not a T or rake-type thing.  It does require a lot of work, many strokes, patience, but I like to get in there and detangle everything.  Ought to comb more often.  It collects the loose fur into compact, easily contained clumps.

Gwynnie hates combing.  For Al, it's a massage, he almost falls asleep.

I fear the furminator will cut too much fur.

Gracie doesn't seem to mind either a brush or the Furminator.   She rolls over and relaxes with a loopy grin on her face.  The furminator makes a big mess with fine hairs flying around, the brush keeps the hair in the brush.  With the brush, I clean it out and start over and I know when to quit because the fur coming out lessens.  With the Furminator...how do you know when enough fur is enough?  that thing will just keep cutting hair.   I just don't like it. 
You can tell if the furminator is cutting guard hairs as most of the fur sticks in the comb part as you brush. I watch carefully when I use it and I have only seen a guard hair once or twice. I think if you're careful and follow the directions for correct use it's really not much of an issue.

I wish we could just Dyson it all off...

but if your corgi is like mine, the vacuum is the evil enemy & must be attacked (right up there with the snow shovel).

lol!   yes!   Bark bark bark at the vacuum!!!   Until mom gave me a time-out in the laundry room.  Now I just slink off

into another room to avoid watching my fur tumbleweeds being sucked into oblivion.   

fur tumbleweeds! yes!  I sometimes think of them as "fur drifts"  (two corgis AND two fluffy cats....sigh)

I think you will love the furminator!  We have one and I can't believe how much fur comes off!  Plus they seem to enjoy the brushing.

our Hermione doesn't mind the Furminator at all, but Luna hates it (she's the crybaby anyway).  I use the trick of smearing peanut butter around the inside of a cup and letting her stick her nose in it when I brush. 

The PB makes it ALL better. 

I got the Petzoom "as seen on tv lol" brush and love it. It has a button to push all the hair out of the brush so you dont have to pick it out. Takes literally 1 second.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service