When Winnie sees my friend's spayed F Scottie she goes BALLISTIC!  I mean, foaming mouth wild.  I hate to think what would happen if they got off their leases...both seem to despise each other.  We see each other on walks and it's all I can do to keep my 22# Corgi from pulling me off my feet.  I think she would break her own neck if I wasn't using an E-Z Dog harness. To complicate things they also have mild M Scottie who seems to like Winnie and vice versa.  What is up with this Chick Fight?

Views: 330

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmm, I would have to say that some dogs just don't like each other, like how some people just don't like each other! Check out this link and hopefully it will answer some questions. They could both easily just be dominant, and not like each other's 'vibes'.

I agree.   It might be humanizing pets but I would probably react the same way myself if someone would force me to meet certain individuals or to be in the same room with them.   Sure "accept and love thy neighbor" and all but animal instincts might take over then the "right thing to do" in some scenarios.

It might take some time for them to get along but having them in the same play area might not be the best, but slow integration if your dead set to have them together.    I attend dog parks quite often and some owners who bring more than one dog sometimes have to keep one on leash, as they are too dominating and jealous.

Or, your dog just might have a "Diva Complex"...  :)

Hope it turns out OK

Female corgis are kind of notorious for developing grudges against other dogs for no reason. They don't call them bitches for nothing! haha

I would say that you can't make them like each other, but you should teach her that she needs to ignore the other dog and focus on you. Practice lots of "watch me" and "sit-stay" when the other dog is not around, then gradually decrease your distance.

Just remember they don't like each other and be careful not to leave them loose together; Corgis are smart and known for waiting for their chance at whatever it is they want to do, even if they are perfectly well behaved when on-leash.

My female Cardigan, Magdalen loves are male dogs, Roscoe & Lucky (she & Roscoe, a French Brittany are particularly close); however, Magdalen & my female English Setter, Chelsea have their issues. Female corgis are, generally, more assertive than their male counterparts. My females have lived together now for 6 1/2 years and as long as everyone realizes that my husband & I are the pack leaders, harmony reigns!

Jane.....that's exactly what the rescue person told us when we got out first corgi, they don't call them bitches for nothing!   Katie is very quiet but Max is afraid of her.  She put him in his place immediately when she joined our family 6 years ago,  They will sleep together but when it comes to toys or food he gives her a wide berth.

Please be careful...as others have said they don't call them "bitches" for nothing...my Livvy is my intense alpha female and she is fine with all my males...BUT NOT my females. She tolerates Sage(her daughter) but if I'm not home or there is too much going on I have to have Livvy separated as I can't trust her with my other females...she is the most loving dog. I am rehoming Bella due to this fact....so she can have a good life without the "threat" of a fight.

As others have suggested work on "watch me" and "sit stay" but don't let your guard down because at least with me...it hasn't worked...unfortunately...

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service