So as you all may know Sammie had a torn ACL in her left leg as we haven't been able to afford her surgery. Well today she tore her ACL in her right leg... We feel like giving up. She surgery they suggest is a fish line surgery. Doesn't always last but since she is at 30 lbs they don't want to do a TPLO. We just could use any prayers... We couldn't afford one surgery... And now two. We are going to try to do a yard sale to raise money for her two surgeries. I just have to try to keep it together during all this but Sammie can't walk at all. I have to help her go to the bathroom and carry her everywhere. We just need a miracle.

Views: 792

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this!!! :(   Prayers coming your and Sammies way!! (((HUGS)))

So sorry to hear about this :-( Have you tried applying for Care Credit to help with expenses? Crossing my fingers things improve and she can walk again. Good luck

So sorry for your troubles...yes, we will gladly pray for Sammies full recovery and also that you can raise the money for his surgeries!  Good luck....

We're sending prayers for all of you:) So sorry you have to go through this!

Thank you :( it's just hard not having support from my husband because he doesn't agree with spending money like that on a dog... And I do see where he is coming from but I also don't see how someone can look into this puppies eyes and not do anything to help.

Have you tried Corgi Aid and Corgi Pals? They can help you raise the money for surgery... Poor baby. I'm so sorry to hear about the injuries.

I'm so sorry.  :(  I hope that you're able to raise enough for her surgeries!  If there's anything the corgi community can do to help, let us know!

Has anyone experienced anything bad with the fish line surgery? With the 80lbs line they put in? They said a tplo would be an overkill for her size. Any opinions?

I agree the TPLO would be overkill.  My surgeon here won't even do them or the new one (can't remember the name) on corgi's because their legs are deformed and he said he's seen tons of bad outcomes from that kind of surgery.

Seanna had both legs done with the 80lb line, and she has done AWESOME.  She's only 5 years, but still acts like a puppy.  You could never tell that she ever tore either one of them.

My parents have a Chesapeake Bay Retriever who had the fish line done when she was about 3.  She's now 11.  She's a big girl, very bouncy, very heavy mover on land.  She hunts and hikes miles and swims and has never been lame at all on that leg.   The vet said the fish line surgery is very dependent on the experience of the vet and on the aftercare; you really need to follow rehab instructions to the letter because you need the scar tissue to build up to support the joint   

Please try CorgiPals for some assistance!

You can also do a chip-in event and post on facebook.  See if you can get together money that way.  Also, some vets will work on a payment plan.  Praying that you can get help for her

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service