We had to let our Max go yesterday.  His left leg was useless and the right one was failing rapidly.  He hated both the sling and the cart.   The last several days he was losing control of his bladder, he had also lost 6 lbs in a month tho he was still eating the same.  The tumors in his neck had enlarged a bit after being shrunk by the prednisone but we have no idea what they were doing inside of him.

We realized Friday night that what we kept saying to each other was our denial of what things were.  It was not fair to him, his quality of life was not what it should have been.

I know he is waiting for me.  He is running and chasing his ball, he is herding the cats that have gone before him.

We love you Max, thank you for the years of love and joy you brought to our lives.

Views: 1057

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm so sorry to hear about Max. Thinking of you all during this time.

RIP dear Max!  I am truly sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family. 

I am so sorry to hear this but also glad you realized it and we're able to make a decision for Max. RIP Max and condolences to you and your family. ..he'll be waiting for you with his favorite toy and ready to play again someday with no more pain!
Oh no, Max!! You did the right thing for him. I wonder if he had a tumor pressing on his spine because DM usually does not progress so rapidly.

I know how much you love him. Big hugs and may you one day find comfort in the love you shared.

Thank you all for your comforting words.  I've cried so much that right now all I feel is numb.  Poor Katie is looking for him and she looks so lost.  I know my feelings of sadness are also not helping her.  Brady knows we are sad and he is trying his best to comfort us.  Neither Mark or I can sit down without having one of them in our lap.

Beth...I don't know how fast it's suppose to progress.  I know the tremors started in his left leg a couple of years ago but he wasn't bothered by it.  This fall is when the real problems started and from mid October it went rapidly and the past week so him lose the ability to walk completely.  We had no problem doing what we needed to do to help him get around but when he started losing control of his bladder we knew it was time.  It was not fair to him.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Max. /hugs.

Oh Linda, I know how hard it is to make those decisions, not in principle because we all want to do the best for our treasured dog friends, but certainly in the moment.... I do know life and love are everlasting and I'm sure that, in his Spirit form, he has not gone very far at all from those he loves. Hugs to you.

So so sorry for your loss :-(. It's clear from all you've written on this site that he was a very well loved boy. But it's so hard to lose our babies or to have to make that decision (even if you know it's the right one). RIP Max.

Oh Linda, I am so sorry to hear this. Max was well loved. Thinking of you, Mark, Katie and Brody.

So very sorry for your loss. It is so difficult but you know you did the best you could for him. Hugs!

Poor little dog! I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Thoughts!! <3

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service