Just wondering if anyone out there has such a thing and, if so, do you have any pictures?  We were talking about how cute they might be--or even a Westie/corgi mix--but can't find anything on the web.  I guess they don't qualify as an official "hybrid" dog :)

Views: 11675

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ok, this is too much! More than adorable!
He looks just like a pure black version of my Amy (Corgi/Westie) cross.  How old is he?
Hey Kira!!sorry that you had to say was in your reply.so sorry for your loss.When I was growing up,we had a mistake breeding between our corgi and poodle.the 2 pups that were born we called "poogis" and they both looked alot like the adorablr dog you have in your pics!!funny how genetics work sometimes!!
Thank you! We call him a Cootie :P

Oh my! He looks just like our Bear!  Unfortunately, we just lost her.  Amazing dog.  Do you know of where I might find someone who breeds them?

We have a westie/corgi cross too.  She is 6 months old right now and is tons of fun and far too clever for her own good.  Mum the westie, dad cardigan corgi - both on the small side (I met them both).  She did have her tail docked as a baby so who knows what that might have looked like.  She does look quite like the brindle mix below.

Attachments:
What a sweetie!  I love the coloring in her coat.  She's very precious.... puppies always are!

Thanks.  We just love her.  We first fell in love with her face - the rest followed....and a total corgi she is.

Your two are so gorgeous - such great faces.  I am trying to convince my husband that Amy needs a "friend".  If I manage to do so I would like to try and find another corgi mix or even a corgi.  I am smitten. 

How adorable!!  I find it interesting that Corgi mixed with Scottie or Westie looks a lot like the terrier in the face and fur ... but has the body, feet and tail of a Corgi.  Makes for very cute dogs.  My Westie/Corgi mix definitely has the personality of a Corgi though. 

Thank you.  People are always asking what Amy is and are often surprised when we tell them.  I think it really is the corgi bit that throws them off until they take note of her body.  As with your mix, Amy is very much a corgi, seems to be the dominant gene in the mixes.

We have a westie/corgi cross too.  She is 6 months old right now and is tons of fun and far too clever for her own good.  Mum the westie, dad cardigan corgi - both on the small side (I met them both).  She did have her tail docked as a baby so who knows what that might have looked like.  She does look quite like the brindle mix below.

We're still trying to figure out this little gal's heritage. At first I thought Corgi/Wheaten, but now (size-wise) wonder if she is Corgi/Westie. She's also about 25-ish lbs, nips heels like a Corgi and digs like a Terrier! I'm wondering if there might be something else mixed in there because of the tail (although it could be Cardigan) and the fact that her coat often parts down the middle. Not to mention the ears.... Hmmm... Aglpuppy's pup looks pretty close, though!
Attachments:

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service