Just wondering if anyone out there has such a thing and, if so, do you have any pictures?  We were talking about how cute they might be--or even a Westie/corgi mix--but can't find anything on the web.  I guess they don't qualify as an official "hybrid" dog :)

Views: 11664

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The fur doesn't look very Westie to me, but I've never owned one so I'm no expert.  I can say, with absolute certainty, that she is 100% cute!
She is adorable!!!!

Hmmm … definitely has terrier in her.  From the ears, I think you may have been right with Corgi/Wheaten mix.  And her fur looks much softer than either the Corgi or Westie.  Perhaps she has taken on the size of the Corgi rather than the larger size of the Wheaten.  You could try one of those DNA kits that can tell you the exact breeds.  No matter what her breeds are … she is definitely adorable! 

Just checked back to find all the wonderful replies. :) I'd love to do the DNA test. If only it cost a bit less! :) Maybe someday. I think I'm back to the Wheaten mix, though. It's funny to me that the Corgi mixes Elizabeth shares below so commonly take on the general Corgi body shape but the coat and "look" of the other dog in the mix. The Corgi/Dalmatian mix is such such a hoot! (And they are all adorable.) Makes the Wheaten seem much more plausible.

I have also found that very interesting.  Most every Corgi mix I have seen has the body shape of the Corgi but the coat and "look" of the other dog.  We always say our's is a Corgi stuffed into a Westie suit.

I don't think there's any cardigan in the mix. Pembrokes naturally do have tails, they're just normally docked.

Sully was born without a tail. She is a mix, I'm sure, but she looks more like a PWC than anything else. She doesn't have the typical Corgi markings. Her fur is more cream colored with light brown/tan markings. Her legs are a little longer than most corgi legs but she looks and acts like a corgi. Her fur is super soft but I cannot think of any dog that has such soft fur so I am stumped. I also suspect she may shed a bit less than a pure bred, but it is still remarkable!

Oh what beautiful dogs!  All of them!

I have a Westie/Corgi mix called Amy - father (smaller) cardigan corgi, mother westie.  Unfortunately, her tail was docked but she is still very cute.  The Corgi brindle colouring is dominant.  There is also a website that list 25 corgi mixes and shows pictures.  It is http://www.thatcutesite.com/corgi-cross-breeds-are-cute-25-pictures....  The Corgi/Westie shown on this page looks much more masculine than my little girl.

Oh my!  They are all absolutely adorable!

I just got this dog and he's adorable, I think he is a scottie/corgi and probably black lab mix. He's such a great guy!

I just wanted to say hello, I actually joined this group specifically to reply to this conversation and your picture, Callum! This is my corgi mix, Crapper John, MD (you may be too young to get the reference...a tv show that was a spinoff of M*A*S*H called "Trapper John MD".... You can guess how our dog got this name...lol.)
He's approximately a year and a half old, according to vet. I've had him almost a year now. How old is your dog and what's his name? Where did you get him? Crapper was left in a back yard when his family moved, so a friend of a friend took him in but couldn't keep him.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello. Crapper is hilarious, mischievous, and keeps us laughing. Have a great day!
Attachments:

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service