I am looking or a corgi puppy .My girl passed away from cancer 3 weeks ago, It would be around the Boston area that I could travel.  Thank-you

Views: 665

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Check out this link from the Mayflower Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club.  It lists their breeders and rescue groups.  It covers MA, NY, CT.  All 3 of my corgis are from Crystal Corgis, she is in MA now but will be moving (if she hasn't already) to Stamford, CT

Scroll all the way to the bottom for the links to breeders.

http://www.mayflowercorgiclub.org/breeders-introduction.html

Good luck!  Let us know how you make out.

very helpful thank-you

Gyle,

My wife and I went through the same ordeal last Sept. Our 8 yo Pembroke developed a rare cancer and had to be euthanized.

We know how devastating this is, we are still grieving his loss. I spent several months looking for rescue corgis in the New England area as we are also from Ma.

Mayflower can be a source but have occasional rescues. Don.t give up and try and locate any and all rescue groups you can, or contact breeders.Try the Mayflower page and hope for the best. It will be a long ordeal.

Best of luck.

Thanks for the help

I agree with Tom..definitely check out the breeders on Mayflower.  You never know when one will have a young adult for adoption.  My last 3 corgis were all Crystal or Heronsway dogs...all were adults 5 years or younger.  Max was returned to the breeder because his owner's situation changed.  We loved his personality so much we checked with Karen at Crystal if she had any she was retiring.  That's how we got Katie, she was having her 2nd litter at 4 and was being retired, she was Max's cousin, she is 12 now.  Then Karen emailed us back in October because she was getting a dog back that she had placed after retiring him.  Unfortunately it was to people who not only seemed to have no idea how to handle dogs in general and certainly not corgis.  That came at a time when we knew we had not much time left with Max...he had DM and lymphoma, he was 13.  Brady was a god-send to us and Katie when we lost Max. Brady just turned 5.

So keep in touch with the breeders or rescue groups.  Hubby and both wanted another fluffy...Max was a fluffy.  I've already let Karen know that when she gets one in a litter to let me.

Thank-you for all your help

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service