I HAVE A ONE YEAR OLD MALE TRI-COLOR CORGI. OZZEE EATS PURINA PRO PLAN SELECTS: TURKEY AND BARELY. HE LOVES IT. I HAD HIM ON NATURAL BALANCE CHICKEN. HE DIDN'T SEEM TO LIKE THAT AS MUCH. HE ALSO EATS WET FOOD BECAUSE OZZEE IS A VERY PICKY EATER. DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE A PICKY EATER?

Views: 2086

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We recently switched Plato from Canidae All Life Stages to the Wellness Simple Food Solutions. We noticed that he started developing seemingly chronic gastrointestinal issues (daily diarrhea, occasional vomiting, flatulence, burping). We took him to the vet a few times to run a series of tests, but they all came back negative. We did some online research and were dismayed to find the following regarding Canidae: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2009/02/pet_food_recalls106.html

Needless to say, within a few days of switching to Wellness, ALL of those problems have disappeared...
Hi Again,
I'm thinking of switching Bunny to Wellness for Seniors, in part because there are very few vendors that carry the Canidae here in our area. Several carry the Wellness for both cats and dogs, the ingredients seem to be fairly similar, as well as the cost.
From reading others comments, seems that Wellness is a choice for several people for their pooches. Thoughts?
Bunny is doing pretty well on her diet, with half dog food and half veggies.

Cathi
Leo was fed Purina Puppy Chow at the breeders so that is what he gets here at home. He likes it I suppose (unless he can get some human food). My vet gives free samples of Science Diet food for puppies on the first visit so I just mixed a little of this into Leo's food until it was gone. He did not express a preference for the SD food so I did not switch brands. Purina Pro Plan is good food also, but to avoid any upsets in his system, Leo has not tried it. There are so many choices out there and lots of folks make their own dog food or feed "natural" diets. I would never give Leo any cheap, store brand food. Purina has been making pet/animal food for such a long time that I feel they must have it right.
my 3 month old corgi was eating Diamon Puppy before I got her, and I tried switching her over to Pedigree Puppy. For some reason she would not eat the Pedigree dog food, and would leave all of it left in her bowl, but would eat all of the Diamond brand. I had to located a local Feed Store to buy the Diamon Puppy for her and now she eats it again. I would say she is a pretty picky eater, except when it comes to cherrios and her treats!!
When we got her, Charlie was on Nutro Max Puppy (blegh). We put her on Blue Buffalo but it gave her loose stools and bad puppy gas D:

Now she's on Solid Gold Hundchen Flocken and seems to be doing fine :)
Harry was also on Nutro Max Puppy at the breeders. I wasn't so sure whether it was a good food so I googled it and was alarmed to find all the problems people have been having with Nutro. I've been switching him off but am still wavering about which food to start him on long-term. One of the possible options is Innova... I'm open to any suggestions (but don't want to pay tons)!
Wellness is a favorite with us, and you can get it at Petco. It's not as expensive as some of the other premium brands, it's great quality and Sidney likes it.
i agree with geri & sidney....wellness is pretty good and not super expensive either. we actually had planned to put charlie on it after blue buffalo, but the vet said her stomach is sensitive and a food with less fat percentage would be better for her, so we put her on solid gold (fat is about 12-14% as apposed to the 16-17% in blue buffalo). even right before that, she wouldn't want to eat the wellness. i guess she didn't like the taste of it because she'd eat all the blue and leave all the wellness in the bowl while we were transitioning her lol. innova is a good choice though. check out www.dogfoodanalysis.com to research food, it's a really informative site. thats where i went to pick out charlie's food...they break it up by stars. some brands are more difficult to find though. luckily we have a healthy pet store here that sells a bunch of the foods listed on the site. you can try googling for pet stores in your area and then call to ask about their food supply. petsmart doesn't have many foods, but i hear they're going to start selling wellness (lord knows when though), and they sell blue buffalo which isn't bad, but if you're looking into innova you're probably going to want better than blue buffalo.

all the things i read about nutro actually terrified me, i had to get charlie off it as soon as possible. it's been known to raise liver enzymes and cause major health problems. a lot of major brands (euk, nutro, iams, etc) aren't very good foods :( so sad
I did a list of things I had found out about dog/puppy food it's here underthe title choosing a dog/puppy food information. Maybe that will help you make a decision on what you would want Ozzee to eat and of course if Ozzee would want it. Good luck on finding one he likes.
Teggie eats Innova and Wellness Puppy wet, with a bit of cooked chicken shredded on top of it. The vet says she will have clean ears on Innova, so no ear flushing. Yay! We have a holistic DVM, and unlike the pet store vets we have encountered, our vet is fine with Teg eating only wet food. She is very happy with her food, and adores the chicken!
Hope this helps!
Christiane
Puck is a vaccum and would eat anything. The breeder I got him from had him on Nutisource which is corn free and I guess he never had corn and neither did his father. I decided to keep Puck on a corn free diet but I couldn't find nutisource anywhere so he eats Nutro Natural Choice Ultra puppy food. He sucks it down so I assume he likes it. However, I have an older dog, Gizmo, who eats Purina senior 7+ and if I don't put the gate up, as soon as Puck finishes his food he will run and try to finish Gizmo's food too. I also give Puck treats with no corn in them and I think Natural Diet makes them. Gizmo has always had Beggin strips or something like that so I tried to give him one of Puck's treats and he just spit it back out and looked at me like.. What the heck? It was funny because usually Gizmo will eat anything too.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service