So we finally got my puppy, Copper in for his exam. I walked in nervous and walked out ticked. We had a fetal and ear swab done as well as a comprehensive exam. Here are all the results that Copper has:
1. Flea dermatitis- Being bitten so much he now has a bad allergic reaction to them.
2. Ear mites- They weren't just present, it was a chronic infection.
3. Distended abdomen- His little belly was so swollen, of course, he had worms.
4. Chronic overbite- Not only will he always have trouble eating, his front teeth will never be clean, if we don't brush them daily he will have severe dental problems down the road.
And, the last and worst:
5. Sublaxivity of the hips- A positive sign of premature hip dysplasia.
When I called the breeder she was extremely uncooperative and never showed any concern for the pups health, just the money. I faxed the vet reports to her and she said she would give me a full refund for exchange of the pup,( not only do I live six hours away, but I know all she would do is turn around and resell it to someone who wouldst take as good of care of it) or half money back. Our vet bill was 295$. He was 400$. He will require serious surgery in a few months. When I told her this she told me I was the only one who ever complained about one of her dogs in ten years and that maybe she should have taken it to the vet before giving it to me. Which is where I lost it. I told her it was her effing duty as a breeder to make sure her pups were healthy. She said her vet would get with my vet and we will "negotiate Monday". What can I do to justify poor Coppers condition? He is screaming in pain everyday from medicine and whatnot and not only can I barely help him, we both shouldn't be going through this in the first place. Someone please give me advice.