Tonight scared the living daylights out of me.
I went outside after Peiko was making quite a fuss at the glass door, so I decided to let him go out, it didn't take me long to find out why, it turns out he was dead set on a grounded possibly dying wasp. And he went after it, he quickly backed away and started rolling his nose in the grass. I was fairly certain that he was stung somewhere on the nose.
Unlike my other puppy who is not even 4 pounds was stung by one and had melt down, but there was no swelling on her. He was not as vocal about it, so there was a sense of doubt that he may not have been stung.
I have him come inside and I look at both of his nostrils to see if one was misshapen, and it looked fine. I checked again about a minute later and still nothing quite outstanding. So I continue my work and about five minutes pass and I see him staring out the window again, he turns and looks at me and half his nose was swollen, and boy did I panic.
A fumbled quick call the the vet and some erratic research and now I am here typing this blog and wondering what experiences some of you people have had with your dog(s) not coexisting well with a bee or wasp.
I have posted some pictures of his swelling, and am hoping some of you will share some of your experiences.