Hello everyone! I would love to start my own on-line gourmet dog treat business. I have baked and decorated people cakes for a long time, but my passion has turned to my dogs! (Dogs are much nicer than people!)
I would love to hear what other dog lovers have to say about giving these types of treats to their dogs. My hope is to offer all natural treats and even specialty treats for dogs with allergies. My Lucy has allergies but she likes goodies too!
Your advice and thoughts are appreciated.

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm always looking for treats I can use for training, so they need to be small and not so crumbly. I like them to have nautral goodies, i.e. oatmeal, fruit, peanut butter, maybe some beef or chicken flavor or stock. My major issue with a lot of the gourmet dog cookies are: Too big, too crumbly when I break them up and sometimes difficult to break up and packaging. Sometimes in shipping the treats turn into crumbs. Semi-soft would be difficult I know.
Thanks for the reply! I agree, sometimes the gourmet cookies are a little over- the- top! I will work on a cookie that is small and moist just for you! Maybe peanut butter? My corgis love peanut butter. I use the Smuckers all natural peanut butter to make their treats. They come out soft at first, but they do tend to get harder as they cool. I think I will try adding a little applesause next time. By the way, I forgot to mention, I will be donating a large portion of all sales to our local corgi rescue! After all, they were the folks that started my corgi love affair!
Peanut butter would be great and applesauce that would keep it moister! Great idea..
Which corgi rescue would that be. I'm on the list in my neck of the woods.
We rescued Lucy from the Pembroke Welsh Corgi of the Western Reserve PWCCWR. (In Ohio) Their web-site is www.pwccwr.org Our picture with Lucy is on their web-site too. If you click on the "rescue" link and the rescued corgi link (very small type on the right) our picture is down towards the bottom on the right side. It's our 3 children with Lucy and our American Eskie. He passed away last year sad to say.
What a fantastic picture! Looks like there's lots of activities out your way. This site is full of corgi fanatics and wonderful owners. I'm sure you'll find lots of members in your area as well

Sorry about the loss of your American Eskie, our canine companions just never live long enough.

Sent you a friend request
We buy peanut butter treats from NelliesTreats at the Farmers Market. She makes a variety of both dog and cat treats, but we like the tiny bite sized ones that are crunchy. I would like to be able to buy carob and mint treats. The dogs love peppermint and unfortunately chocolate. Carob is a great option. Good luck with this and let us know when you are in business.
I agree, softer treats would be great! And small or easily divided into smaller bits. My dogs LOVE cheese; is there any way of making a soft cheesy treat?
Yup, I have a treat that is made with chicken broth, cheese and fresh parsley that is soft. I just have to stand around the oven and check them every few minutes to make sure they aren't getting over baked.
I have my own treat business on the internet, www.corgicookies.com. I bake all treats after they are ordered and ship them to you. All of our treats can be made for dogs that have allergies as well. I use organic ingrediants and incorporate fresh fruit as well as cheeses and herbs.
Allison,
Your corgis are sooo cute! Corgi people are just really awesome. I have a lucy too!
My mom adopted her Lucy from our local Humane Soceity. They said she was an owner surrender, that just baffles me; how could anyone want to give up such a wonderful little girl??!!
Allison, what is the usual shipping cost (to So Cal) for say three bags of treats? And if I don't have PayPal, what other method of payment do you take? I may buy some after our vacation next week.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service