Hi Everyone!

We're planning on bringing Oliver to Seattle with us this July for a weekend visit (if it isn't too much of a headache!). We haven't done this before, so we have to buy all the necessary stuff. Does anyone recommend a kennel that is perfectly sized/priced for a corgi? And is there any other stuff I should buy/bring? Oliver is about 25 lbs. I assume that is too big for being in the cabin...

Thanks!
Apryl

UPDATE - We're taking him on a plane. I don't think I made that clear when I originally wrote the post.

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The sizing of the kennel all depends on Olivers size. I would bring him to the pet store to choose a kennel. You should put his favorite toy that he is allowed to chew on without any supervision. A soft padding (Chloe likes having a big comforter in her crate because she can get nice and cozy). Measure the amount of food/treats you need and put it in however many plastic containers you need. Thats all I can think of if atm.
Charlie sleeps in a wire crate that is 36" long. It is much larger than it needs to be, but it does fold down flat (to about 2") so it would be very convenient to take on a road trip. A standard-sized bed pillow fits perfectly on 1/2 the floor, but of course Charlie doesn't touch the pillow and prefers to sleep on the 1/2 that is just hard plastic floor. LOL It is a good size if I were needing to feed him in a travel crate in addition to it being his bed. The 30"-32" would probably be ample just for sleeping.

I would take a trip out to you local petstore, as Shane suggested. They absolutely don't mind you trying out the merchandise. : )

Oh, and if you're ever planning to fly Oliver anywhere, you'd might as well go ahead and spring for the hard-sided kennel approved by airlines. I think the VariKennel Intermediate size is a 32" length.
Whether or not he's in the cabin depends on the size of the cabin, Brody has stayed in cabins with us, but we have one of the collapsable kennels, that way we can always take his bed along. He also has a "travel" bag (and he know what it's for) I keep a spare tie out cable and sometimes put in his swivel hook up. that way we can put him out almost anywhere and not worry about him wandering off. Also I add treats, small toy, bottle of water, food, plastic bowls (that are kept in there for traveling), etc. So, when we get ready to go somewhere we just pick up his bag, add a few things and off we go! We're going camping tonight and Brody saw me putting his bag in the car last night... he wanted to get in the car and go then!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service