After a long time of trying, it looks like Yoda is best suited for an only dog home. He is getting visibly stressed by my pup, and the pup is getting bit by him just for walking next to him, despite my best efforts. Yoda is a SWEET SWEET guy, he's just not good with other dogs. He's a 10 year old PWC, he's a bit overweight and was undersocialized (I'm trying to get him to meet a few dogs, one at a time, and when outside of the home he does well with dogs his size, not larger...but in the home he becomes very protective and defensive of the attention). If anyone is interested, please check out http://memtcr.tumblr.com to access his petfinder page, and please spread the news.

Right now he is with me in Memphis, TN, but may be moved to the Middle Tennessee Corgi Rescue where he will be fostered with older dogs and less excitement/stress.

I love Yoda and just want him to be in a home where a puppy isn't harrassing him and he gets the constant love he desires.

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Kayla, there's no shame in throwing in the towel after 7+ days, it is good to know your limits and let those who are more experienced to do their job. Please don't let this discourage you from future adoption. Adding a second corgi is not for every corgi, it's often the human create the situation. What you read on the internet and actually doing it and living it are two very different things. May be in a few years you'll gain more experience to tackle similar scenario. I will help you and MTCR spread the word.
Thanks so much :) I don't think it will stop me from fostering or adopting a new corgi, but I think I'll stick to a younger female to be a good complement to Mason--Yoda is too clashy with his personality and energy level!
I re-posted on my FB page. I have friends in TN!!
Thank you so much Carrie! Tell them to not be intimidated by his age...he is a very healthy little cuddle bug!
http://thedailycorgi.blogspot.com/2011/07/meet-adoptable-yoda-of-te...

Laurie of The Daily Corgi was kind enough to do a post about him as well, which shows more pictures and shares more info about him. :)
I know what a difficult decision this must have been for you...sorry it didn't work out, but you tried and potentially saved him from a worse fate.  You will find a great home for him.  I only wish I could take him...he looks so sweet!  I will post to friends in TN too and see if we can help you in any way!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service