I would like to know if and how any of you travel with your dog. I would really like information about flying. My family wants to drag me to Florida, but I don't want to leave Henry behind for a week.
Is it possible to fly with him? NOT as cargo!

Views: 147

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You should look up the pet carrier information that you airline provides. They are your best bet for flying with your pet. Different airlines have restrictions such as crate size. Pick the wrong crate and you might have no choice but to put your fuzzy friend in cargo.
I'm serious, I made that mistake. I paid for it dearly. My cat's nose was scraped up and bloody when we got to our destination. I cried so hard, and felt guilty for weeks afterwards.

Look up the airline information, or check out the ASPCA's site on pet travel. There are also specialty carriers for airline travel. They are perfectly designed to fit under the seat. But I don't know if they would work for medium breeds, or if they are just for small. If your guy is still a puppy they might work.
Yes, Henry can fly not as cargo, here's info on flying, call the airline specifically. Florida is awesome, bring sunscreen :)
And a fan, and bottled water, and bug replant, and an umbrella. Oh and watch out for the gators. LOL
If you're just going for a week, I really don't recommend taking your pup with you. I travel with Mei back and forth from school. It's really distressing for a dog to travel and I have yet to find an airline that allows me to take Mei into the cabin. They have to fit under the seat and she's just too big, even without the carrier. When I was looking up airlines, usually dogs under 15 (or was it 18lbs) were allowed in the cabin. Mei is always stressed out when we fly, so I try to do it as little as possible.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service