Our corgi boy, who is a year and a half old, became a bad eater this past winter. We went on vacation, left instructions on how to feed him, but his caregivers gave him too much canned meat with his dry food. Now he turns his nose at just about everything we give him, including canned meat. We tried to just give him dry food, and he refused to eat for two days, then threw up bile. So I gave in, and added cannned meat.

Some days he eats great, other days he leaves his food untouched.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My puppy did this for awhile. Then we started having "meal time" where we would stand next to the food for 10 minutes. No laying down, or going away, or playing, or pettings, just standing next to the food bowl. She eats all her food now.
I don't know if that'll work.
I find if I don't space her meals out, she throws up foamy bile sometimes. I think it's because her stomach is empty too long?
Are you still feeding treats?
we really don't do a lot of treats. he'll take a day to eat a dental treat or cookie. But he is crazy for raw-hide chew toys, peanut butter flavor. We do the sit down near the bowl too, don't let him leave the area until he eats. It's just getting harder. We added some low-fat sour cream to his dinner last night and he ate it all.
You could try plain yogurt (especially greek style). They really like it and it is probably better for them than sour cream.
Our Tucker religiously throws up bile if he goes too long without eating. Good to know that he's not the only one. I do my best to stick to a 12 hour feeding schedule, because even being a few hours late with Tucker's dinner will lead to a yucky bile pile.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service