Anybody doing obedience training and/or showing with your corgi? I've done a six week intro to obedience class and a six week intermediate obedience class with Haley, but can't get anything more advanced around here. I took a rally class, too, but it's not really what I'm interested in. Don't want to do agility - too much running!

I'm thinking of starting to show Haley in obedience. Anybody seen any good videos or good books on how to train for obedience shows? All I can find are basic "how to train your puppy" type of books that talk about training your pet, not about obedience showing.

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sully and I have been competing for about a year now. He has his AKC Rally Novice title, APDT Rally level 1 title, legs toward his RA and RL2 and just this month at the Lakeshore Specialty we got our first leg toward our CD! Hooray! I have been competing in obedience since I was in junior high and now teach 4-H dog obedience. We just discovered Rally last year and it's a blast and a great tool to use to prepare for obedience. I hope to finish our CD within the next year (2008) but won't be disappointed if we don't as Sully has some anxiety issues and often flubs the sits and downs. A good source for great dog books is dogwise.com. Excellent reviews by people who know dogs!
Youtube actually has some good videos on corgis and agility/obediance. You have to sorta weed em out but if you type Corgi in the search some fun videos pop up :)

Before I moved away for the year I did the whole puppy kindergarden thing with Roxi.. had her signed up for agility courses but then I had to leave and the manthing worked during the class hours :(

He's starting to train her on frisbee tricks now though, thinking of training her for competitions in that :)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service