Aloha!

My husband and I have been the proud parents of two beautiful corgi boys for the past 14 years, however, we lost our beloved red and white, Kua, almost one year ago. We are just know getting over the pain of his loss and are wanting to add to our family again. However, we are finding it very difficult to locate a breeder where we live here within the state of Hawaii. We have done some research but the breeders we've found either don't return our calls/emails, have left the state, or no longer breed. Does anyone within the MyCorgi community know of any breeders we could contact? We would even be open to Australia or New Zealand as we are limited because of the strict Rabies Quarantine restrictions that are in place here in Hawaii.

Thanks for any assistance/information you may be able to provide! :^)

Mahalo,

Cindy Yamaguchi

Views: 1751

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Though you posted this in 2008. Just wondering if you had any luck finding another breeder??

Hi Serenie,

Not really. We live on the Big Island and, apparently, there was someone on the Kona side that advertised a couple of times a few years ago. But he wanted between $1800 and $2500 for a puppy. Never pursued it because that's outrageous! Plus, I thought he might be a puppy mill-like person at the time because he had two litters sort of close together, and I thought he was greedy!

But we're still keeping an eye out. If I ever hear of someone I'll let you know. What island are you on?

Oh yes please let me know! I am on Oahu.

I'm also really interested in finding a Cardigan breeder as well as a Pembroke. I've heard rumors from people that come into my work that there is or was a breeder on the Kaneohe side of Oahu but I can't find anything on the web. :[

Okay, will do.   ;^)

Why would you rather go towards Australia vs. the continental west coast U.S.?

There are a lot of breeders here in Cali and you can buy airline tickets for 400 round trip.

I found my corgi at a shelter here in LA.  Cost me all of 150 bucks to adopt.  

Hi Kim, Hawaii is the only state that is rabies-free, all incoming dogs / cats must go through quarantine with the exception of New Zealand, Australia, Guam and the British Isles. The 120-day quarantine program costs $1,080 per pet. Full details here.

oh wow.  Gotcha.  That really sucks. 

Hi Cindy!!

I got my corgi from Cindy Bryant on Kauai---her website is www.cinberlin.com--or you can contact her @:cinberlin56@hotmail.com or 808-245-1939.  There's also another breeder on the Big Island--I just met her @ the last pet expo. Her name is Sheryl and her website is paradisedogkennels.com.

Hope this was helpful and good luck in finding your corgi!!

Shari & Cody

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service