When I was at the mall the other day, I went into the pet store. . . BIG Mistake!! They had a little Pem girl that was just adorable, and on sale. . .but then I rationalized - she might only cost me $300, but in the long run, I can't afford another dog right now. Plus I have my hands full with Blaze. :) So, I got to thinking, are pet store puppies all that bad?? I got Blaze from a breeder, and was curious - did most of you get your corgi(s) from a pet store or a breeder?? This inquiring mind wants to know!!

Views: 243

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We got Violet and Magnus from a breeder. We initially feel in love with a Pem at our local pet store, but could not afford the price (1500). Also, while we where there someone else was buying another puppy, and it was obviously sick. The buyer knew the puppy was sick and still wanted it, but insisted that she wanted her money back if the vet said the puppy couldn't be treated. The store manager said all sales are final - if she bought that dog, that was it. That, plus the cost pretty assured we weren't getting a pet store puppy.

We were fortunate to find a good breeder - we checked her out through the national corgi association - and our pups have been great. We had them flown into Florida from Texas and then a funny thing happened. While we were getting gas one day, we had Violet with us (Magnus didn't join the family until later) and someone asked us where we got her. We told them through a breeder in Texas. They said good, because the local breeder was horrible. To this day I have no idea who they were talking about or why.

So I guess my point is a pet shop and/or a breeder can still sell a "bad" puppy. We feel extremely lucky with ours. We were very naive and it could have ended badly - i.e., we didn't do that much homework before buying them.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service