Is anyone else having trouble finding time to walk their short legged friends with the short days. Maybe it's just me, because I tend to go down when the sun goes down. With work and horses, I'm just not walking Ruby and Macsen a lot. They are with me most of the time, they go with me to feed horses, they sleep in the truck as I drive around the ranch feeding, they are tied out on a long lead while I clean stalls. They go to work with me, there's a yard there that they play in all day, and at home we get plenty of interaction and time together in the house, but we're all missing our walks. We get out 2 to 3 times a week compared to every day like we did during the summer.

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with you, it is harder to go for walks during the winter months. To combat this, I have found myself walking my dogs in another time slot, sometimes after lunch, sometimes I get off work early to walk them. My route is about 30-45 mins, that's about 2-4 miles. I think when i get my walk in for the day, I personally feel better, I'm not as stressed out about work and i think my dogs appreciate that too, they're happier and always put a smile on their face afterwards.

Anyone else got some motivation tips or suggestion?
Walks are important to dogs. They cannot stay cooped up at home all day although some dog owners in Singapore don't seem to appreciate this fact. I take my dog out trice a day: 1) before breakfast (10 mins.), 2) before I leave for work (15-20 mins.) & 3) after work (15-20 mins). On weekends (evenings), we walk over slightly an hour. At least your dogs get more exercise as you live on a ranch.
I do agree it is very hard to find time to walk my dog but what I did was on the weekend we would take her to a doggy park she just loved running around , until the day she was attaced by two pit bulls, we all know corgis love to herd, and pit bulls are very aggresive so thats my story.
Never let your Corgis go near those aggresive dogs. A couple of days before Christmas, 2003, Queen Elizabeth II's(England) Corgi, Pharos was bitten on the hind leg by Princess Anne's Bull Terrier. Tragically, Pharos passed away from his injuries. :-(
Bull Terriers are nasty little dogs. Just today at the dog park in about 1 1/2 hours time span there were 2 dog fights started by 2 seperate bull terriers. I'm not even kidding. The first one was awful. All the other dogs jumped in and it was a huge pile of dogs but you could hear this one yelping and crying like crazy and slowly people kept pulling their dogs off and it was just this nasty little bull terrier clamped on hard to this husky dog. It wouldn't let go either. They had to pry open it's mouth. The husky was pretty hurt I think. I stayed away so our dogs wouldn't get involved but they dog kept crying for a while after it was over and they left hopefully to the vet. The owner of the first terrier left too but then the second terrier was involved in another fight again having to drag it off the other dog. I just don't see the point in owning a dog bred to fight. It's just asking for a problem.
Dog parks can be great but more than just exercise, I like the interaction and training benefits of a simple walk.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service