Do you think Corgi owners are of the more fanatical kind?

Ray and I were talking about how whenever we go to the pet store (specifically to look at corgis) we hardly ever see any. When we got Emmy, the lady even said they are not that popular of a breed as far as wanting to own one. (also, we watch the dog shows and the corgis hardly ever win!) So we noticed that we are quite fanatical about our corgis, what about you? Do you think that corgi owners are more obsessed with their "children" than other dog owners?

Views: 189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know CorgiMom and I are NUTS about corgis. At work (PetSmart) when one comes in, I tend to holler "Corgi!!" and go running for a look-see. Most of the folks who come in now know I'm nuts and aren't scared by my fanatical reaction. New folks with corgis get a deer-in-the-headlights look like I'm going to knock them down to get to their dog! I now have even the rescue/spca groups knowing how nuts we are and calling whenever they have a corgi baby who needs a loving home.

So...I guess the answer is...yep, we're fanatical....way fanatical...
Well at school everyone calls me the corgi girl.......because every paper or writting assinment that I have to do is on corgis.....And one my papers in class like taking notes and stuff have little corgi doodles.....
When we brought Roxi home (its a one light town.. everyone knows everything) she was a wonder to see apparently..

Every walk had someone stopping us to see her.. and apparently they still do with Chris and her lol.

Ever since getting her I've noticed that afterwards it was like getting this magic VIP pass to a secret club ROFL. Though we don't toot our own horns (cough). I think its more that corgi owners are a little crazy in there own way and so far... it seems nice people get and keep corgis.. so when you meet another corgi owner or go online like this, everyone is a good sport :)

My favorite story when people ask me about how few corgis it seems there are is when we brought Roxi to her pup-Kindergarten and every single person.. all 15 of them.. had a Lab... so everyone was interested in little Roxi girl... it was like having the import or 'foreign car' at a car show >_<.

Though personaly and in all honesty... for me.. its because she's my very first, very own pup.. and she's been the best first-pup someone could ever have. Im going to try my best to make sure nothing bad ever happens to this little girl because she has been so good to me and she's worth it.
I'm so glad i found this site, and other corgi owners who share our obsession :0)
definately more fanatical. people always ask me what the hell little bear is. i laugh when i say "a corgi" and they say, "oh!" and the look on their faces are classic... i might as well have told them that this was a mini loch ness monster. they have no idea what corgis are.

everyone at work, my mother, my daddy, my boyfriend (of 6 years... little bear's been with us since june), EVERYONE is sick of hearing about little bear. everyone. but i can't stop talking about him. i find myself taking him to petsmart just so people can see him, i love people's reaction to him! i'm trying to get involved with some local places here where i might be able to bring him to work, and i find myself leaving my classes WAY early just to be with him, because i'm worried that he's all alone.

fanatical? definately. zealous? passionate? besotted? fervent? devoted? check all the way across the board baby. i'm insane for my corgi puppy-butt.
I, too, am guilty of yelling out, "Corgi!" whenever I see one (which, up until I got Tegwyn, was not terribly often). Everywhere I go, people adore Tegwyn, and I never stop marveling at her. I do think Corgi owners tend to be more fanatical, but it's because we usually have some specific reason for wanting a corgi over, say, a lab or more popular breed.
I definitely would not have considered myself a dog person up until I discovered the corgi breed. An intelligent, beautiful breed with lots of personality was something I had no experience with growing up. My extended family had big dumb rotties and pits, so I was already around large, stupid, awkward & jumpy dogs who all had awful manners.

As an artist and a person I would definitely say I can be a bit obsessive over things, and now that I've met a lot of other dog owners I would say I'm probably a little more obsessed than most- however it could be because kiyo is still a puppy and the fun newness of having a companion hasn't worn off yet!
and hopefully it never will! :)
I have to say I really wasn't much of a dog person, either, until I got my Corgi. Which is funny, considering my parents bred, raised and showed dogs (they ended a little after I was born), and my sister loves her dogs. I fell in love with Corgis thanks to a good friend's dog during college, and I announced my intentions to want a Corgi. We went to a breeder's and I fell in love. Since then, I'm obsessed with Corgis. I even started watching dog shows with my parents, and my dad made them comment one night "I never thought you'd be excited to go to a dog show" when I mentioned going to a Corgi specialty in March. (And yes, I yell "CORGI!" when I see one now...and we can't go for walks without being stopped by someone wanting to pet Dallas...she doesn't mind, of course!)
For SURE. I don't know anyone who's as obsessed with their dog breed as I am with my little corgi pup... I mean really, have you ever seen a mygoldenretriever.com? Haha. Corgis are the best and it's pretty obvious :)

Corgis > all
He he he..... i'm definitely obsessed :) the reason why i watch the dog show is just for that 3 mins of corgi :) I am very proud when I walk around the neighborhood and still being stopped and asked what the breed is, and you can always count of kids wanting to pat them, due to their size, kids always call them "puppy".

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service