I've always loved animals. When I was a little girl, my favorite movies were "The Lion King" and "Free Willy" (I even found a video of me when I was 5 years old dancing and singing to the theme song). I used to cry if I saw a dead animal on the side of the road. Now that I am older... I see the intentional abuse and cruelty to animals, not the accidental hitting an animal while driving (or at least I hope it's accidental). I have such a strong passion for ALL animals, not just my little Winston! I was wondering if anyone felt the way I do about animal testing: It's disgustingly wrong and completely unnecessary. The only way to find out if things are safe for humans it to test them on humans. These poor animals have to endure countless tests... Either by using the product on them, or having it force-fed to them, or having it rubbed in their eyes. It's so sad and these animals don't even receive proper medical attention... They are just kept in dirty small cages with no attention... It's so heartbreaking I can barely think of it.

Recently, I started researching cosmetic companies that test on animals and cosmetic companies that don't. I've come across a few that don't... And I just wanted to share them with you guys. I really hope that if you don't know a lot about animal testing, then to read about it. It's so sad but there are things you can do!

www.maccosmetics.com
www.lush.com
www.bathandbodyworks.com
www.kmscalifornia.com
www.tresemme.com
www.got2b.com
www.revlon.com
www.thebodyshop.com
www.burtsbees.com

Those are only a few... But there are so much more! I just discovered LUSH last night at my local mall and it's awesome... They are so against animal testing and I absolutely LOVE that. They even have a card sitting at their counter which explains why they are against animal testing and what they are doing to wipe out animal testing in the cosmetics industry. If anyone else knows of companies that do or do not test in animals, please post them! Supporting or buying from these companies really does make a difference.

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, thanks for sharing that info, my sis is a cosmetic chemist, she does research and development, so this really hits home.
Thank you for posting this :) Sometimes people forget (and yes I'm one of them) to stop and think about animal testing. Its just so easy to go to a store and buy products without a second thought... forgetting that somewhere down the line it HAD to be tested for safety somewhere.
I don't like animal testing either. I think it's cruel.

By the way, Burt's Bees is a good company. I'm glad they don't test their products on animals.
Yeah... I mean sometimes even I go out and buy things without thinking about it... www.leapingbunny.com has a list of all the companies that don't test on animals... and PETA sent me some little packet that fits into my wallet... So if I'm ever out trying to buy some stuff, I can check and see if they test on animals.
http://rivendell.fortunecity.com/arrival/488/companies.htm

www.caringconsumer.com

Some things aren't what they seem! Bath and Body Works DOES test on animals... They say they don't... They don't test their final products on animals but each individual ingredient is tested.
And it's leapingbunny.ORG not .COM haha

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service