Hello everyone and Happy New Year .! I Was wondering if any of you have been asked to return a puppy before ? I talked with the breeder last night and she told me Brynn's mom had died a few days ago and wanted to buy back Brynn from us ???? I told her i couldn't do it ,but would think about letting Brynn mate with another of her dogs . I could NEVER return my baby i have had for a month now and was wondering if you have ever done or heard of this ? Thank you in advance :)

Views: 163

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Happy new year to you too! That sounds quite strange to me, i have heard of breeders saying if the puppy doesn't work out that the buyer can return the puppy. If i was in your situation i wouldn't return Brynn, like you said may be in 2 years when she's old enough and if there no health defects then i may consider to breed her. It just sounds so strange???
Ofcourse I would not agree to this. I would also be leary of any sort of agreement to allow her to be bred. Typically reputable breeders have a program that they follow to continue the quality of the dogs they are working with. They keep or place on a co-ownership those they think may be contributory to their program. The others are sold as pets and often with a spay/neuter agreement. Not knowing how she lost the mother dog would also be a concern to me. Was it from an illness? Accident? I some how think Brynn is in a much better place with you. Remember breeding does not come without risks which you should consider heavily before making that sort of plan. Having a dog go through heats often brings behavioral changes, possible accidental breedings and it often is quite messy in ones home.
No way, Brian. My breeder always said to bring Charlotte back if it didn't work out (as if!!). She also boards the dogs when we go out of town. When she saw Charlotte for the first time after we took her, she did say then she wished she had kept her, and hinted that she would like to breed her. She and I are good frineds, and I said I could never do that,as Charlotte would've had to go back to the Corgi farm, I could never raise puppies. She was ok with that, and Charlotte was spayed shortly after that. I'm sure your breeder is heartsick over losing her dog, and may not be making the best decisions right now. Probaly a gentle no will do.
Thanks for the reply Selma, Sam T , Sam , and Carol :) I thought it was way off base of her to ask . I was told that her Mom had a seizure and died the next day at the hospital .She told me that Brynn was her twin and just had to ask . I think i will take your advice and not have Brynn breed. Just thought it was odd .
There's no way you can let that happen. And you should tell the breeder how inappropriate that was of her to ask! That would absolutely floor me if that happened to me. I would pretty much tell her where to shove it, lol! NO ONE would ever get my baby for any reason. And with breeding her, that's something that only you can determine. Some dogs have such a great temperament they make great mates but they do always have more health problems. Maybe she just wasn't in the right frame of mind after losing her baby. Who knows...

Good luck!
That was way, way, way out of line for your breeder to ask that question. With that question I wouldn't even consider allowing Brynn to be bred with any of that breeder's dogs. I agree with everyone's comments in fact I wouldn't even have anything further to do with that breeder. If you get another corgi I would look for a different breeder. Happy New Year!
I know this is piling on, but I'd tell her how awful it was of her to ask (or demand...whatever) and just plain say NO. NO NO NO. How completely inappropriate! Ughh. I need to scream!!! Arghhh!
I wonder what Brynn's mother died of? It does seem strange. When we got Rosie we had to sign an agreement that we would have her spayed.
I agree. You should not return your darling Brynn. It's like giving up your child. Besides, poor baby will feel as if she' s being abandoned and I'm sure you would not want that. She deserves all the love she gets from you. Happy New Year to you & Brynn and may you have many beautiful memories with her.
Could anyone of you confirm this? I read that if a female dog breeds, it will shorten her life span. Not that I've any intention of buying a female dog to breed. Just wondering.
I dont think there is much truth to this statement. Things to consider with a female that is not spayed is the heat cycle can be quite messy in ones home. The changing of the hormones can really affect the behavior of the dog as well as the surrounding dogs. Accidently breedings are not uncommon with those that are not familiar with the esterous cycle of female dogs. Pyometra is not an uncommon occurance in females left intact for a long period of time. This is an infection of the uterus that can be lethal if not detected early on by the owner. Mammary tumors are common in intact females as they age.
Thanks for the reply, Sam.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service