Hey guys sry i havnt been on in a while it has been quite hectic the past couple of weeks with school, holiday, Megan and my 2 new corgi pups...yes you heard me 2 NEW CORGI PUPPIES!!!... i got them both on New Years Day!!! there is Abby who is 3.5-4months, she is a red and white female with a great personality; her "boy-friend" Trever is 2 weeks younger and is a tri color he to has a great personality. i attached pics be sure to look at them! They are both just so photogenic...also i have a couple of questions about training if you are up to the challenge of helping me by answering my questions pleaz message me

Views: 50

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh they are just beautiful! Their faces are so pretty. :)
Arent you brave! Certainly you will find some big challenges ahead. I will be glad to answer questions as you have them.
ok ya i will have some challenges...i didnt know what i am getting into...well i bought my pups from one of "Americas best Hunter/Jumper " seriously...if any of you people are older...not saying your old...just older and is a serious horse ridere maybe you know him...richard zimmerman...anyway acourding to my riding instructor he sorta runs his breeding buisness like a puppy mill but i took my pups to the vet and they said they are helthy and good looking pups but both have kennel caugh and ear mites but other than that they are good...except for the TOENAIL GROWING IN THE MIDDLE OF TREVERS FOOT ya but the vet said those kind of problems are normal... but anyway abby is really good and i bet will be able to train her very easily but trever may be harder he puts up fits and HATES the leash...any pressure and he acts and sounds like i am beating him with a stick!!! i barely put pressure on and he yelps...i guess that is a typical male for you...anyway does anyone know how to make the leash a happier experiance for him?
Congrats on the pups. You really are in for a challenge times two! At this age you'll just want them to drag the leash around for a little while a day, instead of trying to walk them. You just want them to get used to the feel. Watch them though, so they don't get tangled on anything. Also, if Trever's toenail was growing into his paw pad, he probably needs a few days to get over the soreness. Ouch!
Sales of pups at horse shows is not uncommon. It is also not uncommon for these pups to have been raised in a barn setting with little to no socialization. This will make things a bit challenging for you. The kennel cough and ear mites are a clue that the environment these pups were raised in was less then acceptable. The toenail growing into Trevers foot is further indication that these pups have never seen a vet in the past.
One bit of advice is to make sure you take time to start separate training times for these dogs. If they have lived together since they were babies you can bet the have formed quite a bond with one another. This makes it a bit more challenging to gain their attentions for interacting with you. We never recommend getting two pups for this reason.
Trevers intense like of the leash is probably an indicator of his stronger personality. Not a problem but will be more work for you. Dragging the leash while supervised is a good start. We have also used a long line and just walk a distance ahead until he chooses to join you. Praise and walk ahead again. You may try this out of his usual environment as you will be his "security" object. You may also try the treat method. Walk to the end of the lead and offer him a tasty treat or squeak a special toy. As he comes to you reward and repeat the process. Good luck with your new pals.
I was just curious if you are going to ask Mr. Zimmerman for a reimbursement for your additional cost for ear mites and kennel cough. Kennel cough is highly contagious, so he probably needs to know. Untreated, kennel cough turns into pneumonia, so all of his dogs could be sick.

I took a quick look at breedersclub.net after Shane (member here) replied in this thread that he had seen Zimmerman's ad there. It does look like your riding instructor may be right about Zimmerman running his business as a puppy mill. He is selling AKC Corgis under business name "Corgi World USA", WWKC miniature Jack Russells under "Jack Russells Unlimited", and AKC/ACA toy and teacup Yorkies under "Mousetown Yorkies". Looks like he also runs ads with free puppy delivery in the online classified section of the Washington Post for less money per puppy than on breedersclub.net.

His breedersclub ad indicates that he sells with a health certification, so you should be able to get your vet expenses refunded. Anyway, I'm happy you took your two pups to the vet for a check-up. These two are lucky to have landed in your caring home. Looking forward to more puppy stories!
Oh they are so cute!!! Congratulations, I am so jealous of your Corgi heaven!! Have fun!! ((BIG HUGS))!
Awww congrats on your new bounty :) lol It is going to be a challenge but we're here if you need anything!

What beautiful pups! Its so sad puppy mill style breeders still exist but at least these two have a good home now :) I had a dog with kennel cough.. just gave him some pills for a while and he was fine.

Goodluck and keep us updated :)
Congratulations on your new babies! They are absolutely precious.
o ok guys a break through!!! i have officially started training...trever is a lot better on the leash already...and i started training him seperatly...he learns SO fast...i put a little routene together...i point my index finger up and tell him to SIT...hold my hand up and tell him to STAY...i turn around with my palm down tell him to WAIT and can walk like 300 feet away...turn around with my palm up and when i lower it i tap my thigh and say COME...he already knows all of this...now he doesnt have it down pat but he is really good if he moves i say NO and i wiggle my finger at him...but he is really good and soon i am going to do his "Girl-friend" later they are actually pretty good seperaterated they whine for like 5 minutes but then get over it...
lol thats so cute to image in my head :)
That is so awesome! Congrats on your new addition :)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service