I'm going to be brining home a PWC puppy next month and the only thing I have left to buy in preparation is the crate.

My husband doesn't want to buy a puppy crate and then an adult crate, he just wants one (we're engineers, so we can just jerry-rig a divider). The problem is, we've never had a Corgi before, so we don't know what size to get. I know they're a little differently proportioned than most dogs, so I don't trust the tags that say "for 20-30 lb dogs" and that type of thing.

We're looking for a hard plastic crate, and our breeder says the puppy will probably be about 30 pounds as an adult. Does anyone have any suggestions on what size crate to buy?

Thanks!

Views: 35428

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I read that crates for potty training should only really allow the dog to stand up turn around and lay down. It should not have excessive room or it may act out on purpose like using the bathroom in the crate because it is mad at being locked up. If the dog is already crate trained you can give it more room usually. You can also get crates that come with a divider wall that you can use to keep the crate small for training and then expand as the dog gets older and in some breeds much much larger.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service