I am just writing because I am annoyed... sorry, I have to get this off my chest.

I went to FOUR places today with Tegan. Three pet stores, and a dog park, and AT LEAST 9 people asked if he was a corgi mix? No one thought he was pure bred....

is he really not that pretty of a corgi or it cause he's a tri color? Do other tri colors get this comment? He's a little long for a corgi, but he is proper height! (he's a chunk though.) Feel free to look at his pics on our page and let me know.

I'm so annoyed. I get that every time we go anywhere and I'm beginning to get offended. :(

Views: 339

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I feel for you. I think it's perfectly clear that Tegan is a corgi. My Rogue is a fluffy tri color, so while I do get the "is that a corgi?" question half the time, the other half of the time, people are clearly stumped about what breed of dog she is. I've had people suggest she's a border collie...grrrrr.
Don't feel bad, the other day I took Molly for a walk and two guys were looking at her talking to eachother. They were like, I dunno, maybe its a weiner dog mixed with a collie. Really?!?
It's funny, I've had people ask if my tri Deacon was a really small German Shepherd. I was walking Titan, my little red and white corgi, and a woman asked me if it was legal to own a fox?!? She thought I was walking a fox....wow.....
Alot of folks do the same to me, and even my sister (who has a R&W) I think its just a way to open the door for conversation! It sounds better then "oh look at that corgi" Plus corgis are a breed that is heard of but not often seen as much as say the lab or yorkie. I agree it gets annoying at times, Walker is a Red headed TRI and I think seeing the tri throws them of just a bit more! I just use to opportunity to teach people about the ever so wonderful Purebred Corgi! :)

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service