I originally owned a miniature long-haired dachshund named Duncan and when he turned around 4, I noticed he was pretty lonely and he started showing it by ripping things up while we were gone out of sheer boredom. At that point, My boyfriend and I decided to get a companion for Duncan and I had always wanted a corgi and did a lot of research on the breed. Thus, several months later, we went and got Korben. :) Now Duncan and Korben are true brothers and love each others company!

I've actually noticed that quite a few corgi owners own a dachshund also! (must be the long bodies huh? lol ) So, I'm just curious what other dogs y'all own outside of Corgis? Or do you only have corgis, or just one dog?

This is Korben and Duncan when they first met! I always told Duncan that he'd better beat up on him while he still could!

I bet he's wishing he took my advice now!

Views: 77

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have had a variety. when we got our first Corgi, Basil, we had an older lab/golden cross that was a rescue--we still have Tess, she is 14. We also had a blind and deaf Schnoodle--also a rescue--She passed away a couple of years ago. My youngest daughter rescued a Leonberger--Rudy-Giant dog We think he is about 6 or 7 right now. Sarah also got a Shizapoo--we missed our little lap schnoodle and Potter (Corgi wannabee) filled that gap. Added two Corgis since the first.. We lost our first Corgi a year and a half ago. Potter beat up on Fergie when she was smaller and is doing the same thing to Brodie right now, but she has also found out what comes around goes around... I've noticed Corgi owners with Goldens, Dachsunds (The Q of England raises both) and German Shepherds. I think Corgis go with anything!
Yeah, corgis certainly love have any friend around!
I actually have a ball python! She's 3 feet long and she LOOOOOOOOOOVES Little Bear! Everyone thinks its weird, but they're actually good friends. And I've taken every precaution to make sure she won't ever get to him/hurt him. For example, if I'm not there, she's in my room with the door closed and Little Bear is in the kitchen with a baby gate. They aren't allowed contact for more than 5 seconds, and even though he is a hyper little boy and she is jumpy with other people, she has never ever been afraid of him, even when he barks in her face or pounces on her! She just kinda rolls back and ignores him. Its a very weird (yet safe) little family we have going on, but I wouldn't have it any other way!
That's funny! I havre a ball python also thats the same size though I have never let them near each other. Well, I let them smell each other but not much else. Ball pythons are the most docile snake in the world, so I know he would never hurt my dogs, but I still dont want any accidents. :p

Although, i will say the other pet they are so infatuated with are rats. My parents have a pet rat and Korben will just let him crawl all over his back and feet and doesnt mind as long as he gets to sniff him, same goes for Duncan. They both get excited when I bring home mice for my snake also!

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service