Has anyone ever used any pets hotel/motel type of service before? I've seen some of those around town and wonder if it is truly a safe place for my dogs (if ever I need to go for a trip somewhere out of town and cannot find anyone to dog sit my dogs)...

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't remember which hotel it was but it was one of the typical ones you find on the highway.. one of the chain ones.

We used it and it just seemed like a normal hotel room except it smelled more like dog then faint cigarettes or mildew lol It was pretty clean.. the only thing I would caution is fleas.
I had no idea Petsmart does daycamp for dogs
I dont know about pet hotel/motel... i think the best person to recommend something like that is your trusty veterinarian. I take Bonni to a place called Preppy Pet Suite when I have to be in school for like the whole day. Never tried extended stay though. But Dr. Hart recommended that place to me. He checked it out himself and says they are good and clean. They take your dog out to play five times a day! And they have an indoor play area too. Then at night, they have their own little area to sleep (you pick the size). Its on the floor though.. I suppose you can bring the bed or blankets and stuff for them if they will stay long.
I know it can be nerve wrecking... leaving your babies... and worrying if they are in a safe place and being taken care of and loved....
Silvia,

I agree with Candy in that you have to network and ask around and then check out the place yourself. As I work long hours, my Nicky is in daycare 4 days a week. I am lucky that it is a small business the owner (a corgi owner and lover herself) runs out of her house located on a large piece of land. So, it is smaller group. Previously, Nicky was in a larger daycare which could have upwards to 40 dogs on a busy day. Around 9 months of age, he started acting out and being very possessive of the staff and ugly to other dogs (not his typically style). I really did like the place as they screened all dogs (you had an interview process where you had to leave your dog for observation) After a trip to the doggie behavioral conselor, the diagnosis was Nicky had appropriate play skills, but did not like the larger groups of dogs. I see this at the dog park with him....he is good up to about 8 dogs, after that, he is ready to leave....too many. As a trainer once told me, 6-8 dogs make a pack....anything further, is just too many dogs. Our town does have a Camp BowWow which is a national chain, but I have not heard anything about them.

Our PetSmart in town also has a daycare. I think the play areas are quite small for the number of dogs I see playing in them.

I would just do your homework and be sure to see the place during operational hours.

If your question was in regard to traveling with your dog, I recently traveled with Nicky and we found pet friendly hotels on the the petfriendly.com website. We stayed at Staybridge (a Holiday Inn). I honestly could not smell anything in the room, like previous pets, etc. We had a blast and the staff was very cordial to us.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service