I just wanted to share how proud I am of Lola!! I wanted to come home & go on a nice long walk with her this afternoon (we usually take her on walks for about 30-45 minutes every day). We went to Sycamore Grove, which is a nice regional park near my house & we started walking the paved trail (which I've never walked the whole thing before).

Well, the markings said it was a 2.5 mile trail, so I thought PERFECT! Just enough of a walk for us :) Come to find out, it was 2.5 miles ONE WAY!!! So we just ended up walking 5 miles in an hour & 40 minutes and she was a champ!! She is now of course passed out asleep, which gives me the perfect opportunity to relax myself :) I just had to share with every one how well she did!!

Any one else been super proud of their pup lately??? Tell all!! We all love to hear the good stories :)

Views: 25

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ginny had a big long hike today, too! We went to Castlewood Canyon and hiked for about an hour and a half. It was by far the longest walk Ginny had ever been on. And not just that, but we had to scramble up and down boulders, go up and down lots of stairs, and ford the river (Ok, so we cheated.... I carried her across). She kept right up the whole time and was happy to greet every hiker we passed on our way. One of the hikers said to us "happiness is being on the trail." That couldn't be more true. She had such a grin on her face, it was adorable. We did stop up on a ledge for a while and I sat and held her and she fell asleep within just a few minutes! But onward we went, traversing the canyon until we made it back to the car. It was a perfect day to go because it was sunny, but still very cool. She was certainly a thirsty corgi when we were done and a tired corgi now! I was so proud to see her navigate the trail like she had done it a hundred times before, when in fact, the environment was so new to her. She just followed Josie's lead and was a hiking champ!
Yay Lola :) !!! I am happy she did so well. When we started to take longer walks on the beach she would usually just lay down and make me carry her for a little. She is awesome now though and we can be out all day with no complaining

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service