Has anyone tried classes with their Corgis other than just basic obedience? Did you little pup get his/her canine good citizen (CGC)? Have you tried Agility or Rally-O? Have you had your Corgi's herding instinct tested?

I thought this would be a fun thread for people to talk about their dog's activities, and possibly provide some education on the topic or a reference to places with good classes!

My Theo is still just a puppy, so I'm going to wait a few months before I delve into anything beyond basic obedience. But the place I go for obedience training also has agility, CGC testing, and some other classes of that nature. There's also a spot not too far from me where I can get Theo's herding instinct tested. It all sounds like so much fun, I can't wait until he's grown!

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Our dogs got CGC 4 years ago, we thought it was the next thing to do after completing all levels of classes from petsmart. We have yet to get the vest and sew on badges, so we cannot take them to places where they allow guide dogs yet. Eventually as they get older and calmer, we would like them to get certified in pet therapy.
We have done most of these events. I do have one dog that became a certified therapy dog, several that have CGC's, all have been through a series of obedience classes, several that have done agility (great fun, a wonderful bond and super exercise) We also dabble in some herding. While they grow learn about clicker training. This is a wonderful technique to creat focus. You can teach some wonderful tricks and use this focus as you train further.

RSS

Rescue Store

Stay Connected

FDA Recall

Canadian Food Inspection Agency Recall

We support...

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Sam Tsang.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report a boo boo  |  Terms of Service